Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

5 months

Yesterday marked the 5th month since our referral. She was soooooo itty bitty back on May 29th. We looked at her picture for literally hours. We are going crazy without her.
I really have lost hope for travel in 2007. We have a meeting with our agency next week, so i'll let you guys know how that goes. Actually, we are meeting with the vietnam coordinator and the "big-dog" head of the agency (she is quite aware that we are dissatisfied with the situation). We are happy about the new I600 changes, we just wish it would have happened either 2 months ago, or 2 months in the future. But really, as long as she comes home, i'm sure it won't matter so much in the grand scheme of things.

Otherwise, no real news. I thinking about trying to go home to Ohio for Christmas, now that it looks like we won't be in VN. I'm just hesitant to make plans "just in case". all the sibs will be home for christmas, so it would be really fun, but i guess we'll have to wait a few more weeks and see if there is any news.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are approved to travel soon, I feel for your situation!

Laura said...

I hear ya on the going crazy during the wait thing, and all I can say is that I understand and I'm sorry. We're nearing the eight month mark (in one week) since our referral and nobody can say anything that will make me better about it. Just that it's okay to be disappointed and upset and frustrated.

I hear ya about losing hope for 2007 travel, b/c we have as well, and yup, that sucks, too!

And I really hear ya about the I600 changes. It's disappointing to possibly be caught up in them, but when you look at the big picture, it's not the end of the world. Knowing the new procedure may ensure more ethical adoptions helps.

I wish you the best of luck with the meeting with the agency head. I hope that you're able to get some good, solid info. My advice is to make your plans for Christmas! If your travel date comes through, you won't mind canceling the Christmas plans because you’ll be so excited about meeting your baby, but if it doesn't, you won't have to regret not making Christmas plans. I've held off on a few trips "just in case” and now I wish I wouldn't have. It would have been easier to just cancel the plans if our travel approval had come through than it was when I missed out on a few trips I would have enjoyed (and that would have served as good, albeit short, distractions). Just my two cents!

Good luck!
Laura

stollmyheart said...

Hang in there...We're all pulling for you! Good luck with the agency meeting!

Susan said...

I'm so sorry your wait is so long. I'm eager to hear about your meeting; hopefully they can give you some good news. I agree with Laura. Make your Christmas plans. With any luck, you'll have to cancel them because you'll be on your way to meet your baby!

K said...

I'm so sorry that things are taking this long...

Joe Raschke said...

Have faith! These days and weeks are extremely hard. Every night we would just about break down from the waiting (after referral 6 months, and 2 days notice to travel). Now after being home 14 months it is amazing everyday with our Family. Your family will be in our prayers. Celebrate Christmas! If it really goes past then, have a party anyway. Next Christmas you'll look back as a family and laugh about last years party. That is what we had to do for our son's first birthday. We all pulling for you and your family.

Mrs.B said...

The waiting is so hard, especially once you see that little face. I remember when you first got her referral, I cant believe it was 5 months ago. I hope you receive travel news very soon!! Give it to em' good at your meeting!! Good luck!