Yeah!! I'm so excited to finally get to meet some fellow PAP's and AP's! Hawaii's a small little place, and i don't know a single other adoptive family in real life, so i'm soooo excited to finally get to meet Elaine and Jenn! I know there are other Ohio families out there, so I hope we can make it a bigger get together. Who doesn't need a trip to columbus to complete their holiday shopping?!
And I LOVE Elaine's idea for the title of the get-together "Adoption Angst Regional Gathering". Suits me just perfectly.
So, anyway, if you live near Columbus, make a little trip down to meet for lunch at 12:30 on Wed, Dec 19. It will be awesome. promise.
Also, there were some really great comments on my last post. i really appreciate the ideas. To clear things up, our agency director said "no way, absolutely not, are you completely insane?" to the idea of taking some other families baby. thankfully. That would really really suck. That probably means we have a way to go to get our new referral paper-ready, but that's cool. i can live with waiting a few more months, as long as we get her home. and hopefully before the year 2020. In spite of the the drama, I really like the director. She's a smart, independant, single mom, and she's just a cool lady. I think she had no idea about our individual situation until last month (she really didn't have a reason to be involved before then), and i really believe now that she's involved things will be better. So, i guess we'll see. Still approaching with caution, but at least not hopelessly.
oh, also i can't wait to post the picture of the present i am making for my fellow residents. you guys are gonna freakin' love 'em.
and, also i have other big humongous news.....(cliffhanger!!!) so check back this weekend.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
So not fair keeping us hanging!
I have checked back like 3 times already today... I am not to good with cliff hangers... Hurry up and post!!! LOL
Post a Comment