Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Come on out little Nova!

Our new carpet is being installed as I am writing this. That's officially the last big thing we needed to do to be Baby Ready. Work has been kinda busy the last few nights. i was hoping being up and all over the hospital would get some contractions going, but not a thing. i'm getting all kinds of advice from the nurses, midwives, patients, and even janitors about how to get things moving, but still nothing. i won't even go into the incident with my over-agressive use of my breast pump last week in an effort to get some contractions going...but it wasn't pretty.

I'm barely reading blogs right now. I'm overwhelmed with the adoption situation, and i have a mixture of sadness and anger surrounding the whole thing. I feel like the US Govt is on a Witch Hunt. and while I am in full support of stopping unethical behavior, the cost right now is so great to so many little ones and families. that's pretty much all i have to say about it.

2 more nights of night float, then a weekend off (whoo-hooo) and then i start my Oncology rotation on monday.

hopefully the next few days will have a little more contraction action.

5 comments:

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Yay for baby Nova! COME OUT!

Anonymous said...

I hope she makes her appearance soon!

Anonymous said...

Come on baby Nova - we want to see your face :)

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have one baby. Some of us have none, and we have no hope of ever getting pregnant.

Good luck with your labor and delivery!

Evie Schwartz
NYC

Mama Bunny said...

Stumbled on your blog today! My husband and I adopted from Guatemala... :) Hope your baby comes soon!