Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

just truckin' along

the days are flying by. we are overwhelmed with the amount of stuff we have to do, and it seems like before i know it a week has gone by, and the weekend is over, and it's time to start again.

We are basically in adoption crisis/survival mode. We are only on Day #14 of our I600 wait, but after recieving the official delay letter i am preparing for the worst. we are in a steady holding pattern for now, but ready for attack. I've already found a law firm that specializes in immigration and NOIDS and we are preparing for whatever fight we have ahead of us. Last night i even started looking into the whole idea of adopting her in vietnam, then living abroad for 2 years in order to get her an immediate relative immigrant visa rather than the normal I600 orphan visa. Hopefully it won't come down to any of this craziness, but time is getting short, as Sept 1st is only 4 1/2 months away. And in spite of the promises that all pending adoptions will continue to be processed after that date, I am hesitant to believe that USCIS will be true to their word in that respect. hopefully all of this planning will end up being totally unnecessary, and we will get approval one of these days, but after all of the terrible roadblocks we have faced so far, I am anticipating the worst.

As for questions I've gotten about travel, i'm not really making plans one way or the other at this point. I can't even fathom not being there the day Juneau joins our family, but due to Nova's impending arrival that may be the case after all. Now that it is evident that little sister Nova is going to be joining the fam before big sis gets here, the whole "how pregnant is too pregnant" to travel debate is no longer an issue. Now it comes down to "how little is too little" with respect to Nova, and the possibility of taking her to Vietnam vs. leaving her here with family while i go to Vietnam vs. Cris going to Vietnam while Nova and I wait in Hawaii. we're kinda playing it by ear right now. but it is a hotly debated topic in our family, as I think Nova could pretty much travel any time after she's about a month old, but cris thinks absolutely not. so it continues to be a hot debate.

And as for those who have inquired about posting J-bugs pictures, as much as it is driving me insane, I'm not posting any pics publicly, and I don't reallly have the energy to move the whole blog over to wordpress so i can password protect, so for now her cuteness remains a private secret. But no worries, as this blog is gonna be completely crammed full of Juneau pictures once we officially have our girl.

In Nova News things are going well. today marks the 36th week, and I'd be pretty ok with it if she decided to make any sort of indication that a delivery would be approaching in the next couple of weeks. I haven't really felt any contractions. No signs of anything at all yet. I'd kind of like to wait for her delivery until i finish my night float rotation, as that would leave the night team really stranded. I'll be about 38 1/2 weeks when i'm done with nights, so that would probably be a good time for delivery.

guess that's about it for now.
thanks for keeping us and Juneau and the whole mess of vietnam adoptions in your thoughts and prayers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your whole family is in my prayers and thoughts! Nova will be here before you know it and the June bug will be as well! I wish you luck on have two small ones at the exact same time, you are one brave woman :) Please keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling good and we're still praying for both your girls.

Jen said...

I am getting so excited about Nova's arrival! I think it would be fine for her to travel to VN to bring home her big sister :)

Hopefully when she arrives, Cris won't be able to imagine 2 weeks without her.

Kelli said...

Definitely keeping your whole family in my thoughts and prayers!

James and Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James and Melissa said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Susan said...

I keep checking back for news -- it's all getting super exciting now, I know. I'm glad you're feeling well and that little Nova is being a good girl so far. I hope your delivery is an easy one, and that you get travel approval soon for Miss Juneau. Sending prayers up for all of you.