Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, July 12, 2008

whew....gotta catch my breath

things have been crazy hectic busy. today is the first day i haven't had to work since i arrived in michigan, so i am trying to do some much needed catch up on everything while nova is sleeping in.

in bad news michigan sucks. not the state, of course, but my job. i get to work at 530 am, and i usually don't get home til after 7 p.m. it's torture. i am either in tears, or near tears every day. mostly because i miss my nova girl. my mom is here to watch her for me, and it has been some awesome grandma time for nova, so that brings me a little relief to know she is being spoiled all day. 5 weeks to go.

in amazing news, cris left for vietnam yesterday. i can't believe it! our g&r is monday! juneau is almost our daughter!

so, i have had 2 blogs, 1 for my family where i haven't been going into all the crazy insane adoption papework type things that only other pap's really care about, and this one. Cris is going to be posting to our family blog, rather than this blog while he is travelling so PLEASE follow along there if you want to read about the trip!

it's www.stickleybaby.blogspot.com

i probably won't be posting or reading blogs much at all for the next 5 weeks, because from the second i get home til the second i go to sleep i am just holding and loving baby nova. but cris will definately be posting from Vietnam.

i hope everything is good in blog-buddy land! I am so behind (i have like 300 new posts to read on google reader!)

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Sorry about your long work days. That would be hard on anyone, even without kids! Can't wait to see little Juneau!

Anonymous said...

I'll be reading both blogs, as I will probably be up in the middle of the night with our new little one for a while! (You said you weren't keeping up on blogs, so you may not know, but we adopted our son through an immediate domestic placement on Friday!)

Jen said...

It has to be so hard for you! I'm so glad that your mom is there with Nova. I worried about whether or not she would be in daycare.

Can't wait to read about Cris's experience in VN!

Jo said...

Oh my goodness, I am loving reading your other blog. Juneau us wonderful, I am so happy for your family!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the names you've given your girls. Of course I don't know if they're 'real' or 'blogland' names but either way - they're unique and beautiful.

Best of luck with both of them! FYI found you as a 'recommended read' from my google reader :)

Anonymous said...

Ok so I came to tell you that your six weeks should be getting close to over and left to go look at the blog about Juneau and forgot to come back and comment! Wow is Juneau cute!!! I cannot wait to see pictures of everyone together!