Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Grandma's Girls

This week has been quite the adjustment for the Stickley girls. Nova's seven week visit with Grandma Saccenti came to an end last Friday and as much as Juneau wanted to keep her, Grandma Stickley left on Monday. It is clear for both of them that they miss the special Grandma treatment they've been getting for so long.

We are so thankful that our girls were able to spend so much time with their Grandma's who showered them with so much love. Emilie and Nova definitely could not have survived in Michigan without Grandma Saccenti and Juneau's transition was so much easier for her thanks to Grandma Stickley. We are all very lucky for the love and support we received from both sets of grandparents that made it possible for our family to all be together today.

Our life summed up in one picture.

The Stickley Girls
This week Emilie is helping Nova adjust to being back home and Juneau get to know the rest of her family. Juneau and Nova are starting to interact and figure out that they are in this together for long haul. We are loving having all of us finally at home together and I am reminded every day of how blessed I am, even if I am now outnumbered 6 to 1 by girls (I should have planned ahead better and at least bought male dogs).




We call this Juneau's "Great-grandpa Stickley hat."




1 comment:

Dawn said...

How great that you are all finally together! Enjoy every second!!