Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Days

I am LOVING having these few weeks to spend with Cris and the girls. Yes, things have been kind of crazy with the move. Yes, we did go several days without showering due to the lack of hot water. Yes, we have no furniture and have been sleeping on a futon. But we are spending 24/7 as a little family and it is fantastic.

These fun days are coming to an end; however. Today I had to put my uniform back on and sign in to my new unit. I was expecting to spend the whole day in-processing, but for some crazy reason I don't actually have to start in-processing until Friday, so I got the rest of today and all of tomorrow as free days! whoo-hooo!
Don't get me wrong, I am excited to be back to work, and finally practicing as an official, out-of-residency OB/GYN, but nothing compares to getting to spend this time with the girls.
I had to include this rather random picture of Nova's hair. Anyone who knows me well may know that i sometimes go several days without brushing my hair. I prefer to call my hair "fine", although a more correct term would probably be "stringy." From the time i was very little if i didn't brush my hair I would get a giant dreadlock in the back. I am afraid Little Nova may be doomed to this same fate. When she wakes up in the morning she has a giant dreadlock mass on the back of her head that is really hard to brush through. Poor Baby. This evening we headed down to one of the community parks to listen to some live bluegrass and check out the farmer's market. It was super fun, in spite of the downpour. It has literally rained Every Single Day since we moved to Colorado. It's sunny in the morning, and by the time afternoon rolls around there is a giant downpour. We got to enjoy the park for about an hour before the downpour today. There was an awesome, huge fountain, and the girls splashed around in there for quite some time. We were, of course, the unprepared parents once again. Our kids were the ones playing in their non-swim diapers and t-shirts, while all the other little kids parents had brought swimsuits and even towels. oh well, they had a blast in spite of their diapers retaining at least 2 liters of fountain water. Next time we will be ready with swim diapers and towels.


Juneau threw a giant almost-2-year-old fit the entire ride home. Something about Apple Juice. i think she was just really tired, because she fell asleep as soon as we walked through the door.
so, more fun times tomorrow, then friday the in-processing starts.

No comments: