Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lots of Shots

Today was Nova's 18-month and Juneau's 24-month check-up which meant shots all around. You may remember that Nova chose to pass out last time to get out of taking all of her shots causing a code to be called in the peds clinic so she had a little catching up to do. Add to it that they both needed to get the dreaded H1N1 and we're talking a lot of shots.

We warned the nurse about Nova and told her she'd be fine adn we'd handle it if she tried to pass out. Luckily she was a seasoned pro and said "I've seen it all honey, just do what you need to do and I'll keep sticking her as fast as I can until I'm done." So, Nova was well on her way to pass out after the first one...I told her to pause long enough to pick Nova up off her back (she'll usually take a breath if she's being 'held')...she took a breath so I laid her back down and she finished up quick. We survived.

Juneau went next and actually had a harder time than Nova I think. Emilie held her down and unfortunately, Juneau is JUST old enough to know what shots are and remember they hurt so she had a full-on anticipation fit before the shots even made contact. She's super tough though so as soon as she was done, all it took was the promise of a sticker and some smarties and she instantly was happy.

I'll close with this video of our Buckeye girl getting in the zone for this weekend's big game...


1 comment:

Angel77 said...

That is precious. I appreciate the words added on the screen. I don't think I ever knew the words and I've been here for 10 years!