Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, September 11, 2010

photo session!!!

The last time we were in Texas I came up with one of my many, brilliant master plans. One of the blogs i started following ages ago, long before Juneau ever came home, is Kelly's blog (which is now more of her photography business blog rather than an adoption blog. Kelly has the 2 cutest ever little girls, and is also pretty much the most amazing photographer ever. My master plan involved a "minor" detour from San Antonio to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to get Kelly to take some family pics before i deployed. We had approximately 1 day to accomplish this plan, and unfortunately Kelly already had a bunch of sessions booked in Arkansas, and as hard as we tried to find a way to make it work, it just wasn't meant to be. I was really sad that we missed the opportunity, but when i started looking for a local photographer I came across the Operation Love Reunited program - which provides a free family photo session for deploying soldiers. That's when i found Tonee Lawrence. Not only does Tonee participate in the program...she was the founder! Even though she was in the middle of a big move (her husband is active duty as well), she made time for our photo session...and I LOVE IT!!!! Tonee is super creative and super artistic, and we absotely love the pictures. I am so glad to have these photos to help us remember the weeks leading up to my deployment...
hope you enjoyed these as much as we did!
And be sure to check out my two favorite photogrpahers!
Kelly in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area
Tonee now in Little Rock

2 comments:

Eden said...

WOW! bout made me cry they're so amazing

Kelly said...

These turned out so beautifully! I am still so sad that we couldn't make that work out. I would have adored meeting your family and photographing you all.