Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, September 2, 2011

lovin' the 3 day weekend...

As is usual custom for many holidays in the military, we have the friday before the monday holiday off, which is super awesome. Unfortunately, I drew the short straw on labor day, and have to work a long shift that day, but i am certainly thankful for the 3 day weekend.



It's been a rough last couple of days. Anyone who has traveled with toddlers knows it takes a few days to get back in the groove after a big trip. We got in late tuesday night, and i was nervous about wednesday (i had to go back to work, so Laura had the girls all day), but they got a GREAT report! The were supposed to start Awanas on Wed, and i wasn't planning to let them go b/c of all the excitement of the week, but after the good report, I decided to go for it.

miiiiissssttaaaaakkkkkeeee!!!! (if you watch scrubs religiously like cris and i will do, hopefully that will remind you of the random guy who pops into the scene and shouts MISTAKE whenever a bad choice is made! hahaha!)

WEll, I didn't need "mistake" guy there to tell me i made a mistake, b/c it was blatantly obvious. It has become more clear over the last few months that Juneau handles fatigue very poorly. A lot of kids get whiny when they are tired. Not Juneau, no sirree, she gets downright mean. Last week she went to daycare for a couple of hours, and was very tired when i dropped her off. when i picked her up i was informed that she had "hit, kicked, punched, shouted, AND spit!

Anyway, back to Awanas. I dropped off a tired Juneau. In 1.5 hours i peeked into the room just before pick-up time to see a room full of cheery 3 year olds singing a hippopotamus song and happily doing motions. All except for one kid, who was spinning wildly with her arms spread wide in the back of the room, randomly taking out unsuspecting toddlers. Yep, that was Juneau. When I went to the door and said i was there to get Juneau, the teacher gave me this look, and i knew it was going to be bad. Biting. on several occasions. I felt horrible. absolutely horrible. I took juneau to the car and tried to talk to her about it, then we went back inside for her to apologize to her teacher. It was incredibly frustrating, and i just felt like i would never make it through the year.

However.....the last 2 days have been AMAZING with Juneau's behavior. I don't know what happened (or if it is just my super vigilance to keeping her well rested), but she has been nothing short of a little angel the last two days. example overhead today "Here Noves, let me carry your Nalgene bottle to the car. I know you are really tired, and i will help you out!". ahhhh...sweet sweet music to my ears.

That doesn't mean that I am returning the copy of The Strong Willed Child I promptly purchased from Barnes and Noble after the whole Awana incident, but it does mean I am encouraged and hopeful that we may, indeed, actually make it through the year.



Anyway, I have to do the pictures from the weekend slowly. There are just too many!

I will start with Betsy's Bridal shower. My creative genius of a sister, Becky, pretty much coordinated the entire event, and it was so awesome! Betsy and Brad got the nickname "The Killer B's" while they were dating in Hawaii, and Becky constructed a totally Bee themed shower! sooooo cute!



Little tiny honey's were given out as favors





there was lots of "girl food" - fruit kabobs, chicken salad croissonts, etc











We discovered a little treasure of a place in Mansfield called The Old Stone House. It is a bed and breakfast with a beautiful area for entertaining, and it worked out perfectly for the shower! The creative mind behind the shower (of course she coordinated herself to the Yellow bee theme!)









For all those former Bible Quizzers out there, look closely, my friends. Yes, we did bust out the Quiz Box (actually hauled all the way from Florida by Becky!) We played a really fun Wedding Triva game, and what better way to make it official than to you a quiz box! Luckily becky was reading the questions, so she and I didn't have the chance to stir up some of that old sister rivalry! it could've gotten ugly!



Sisters! Sonya, Becky, Bets and I. Please ignore the giant purple feather clinging to the top of my head. It was a "hair feather gone wrong" incident, and it brought massive comic relief to the rest of the family until i could have it removed! Have you seen those really cool, tiny, subtle hair feathers (they are all the rage....seriously!!) well, i tried to get that before the wedding, and somehow i ended up with some type of parrot semi-permanently attached to my head. it was terrifying to say the least. When I was getting the feather i thought I was all hot stuff because i was only paying $15...little did i know the end result would bring hours of entertainment to the rest of the family as they sat around and laughed at the ridiculous feathers!



Did i mention there were 26 people staying at my parents house? Notice i say "at" my parent's house, and not "in" my parent's house. More to come on that, but let's just say 2 camper trailers, and 2 giant tents adorned the back yard for a week! :)




anyway, do you see all these toddlers? mass chaos, i tell you. but loads of fun!!!


No comments: