Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

geeezzz...such a slacker

that's me. i've become a total blogger slacker. I know it's not really a good excuse, but there's not much to write about these days. No new updates on the june-bug (or, as cris prefers to call her The Juni-nator). She did finally see the doc, but we don't have a medical report to show for it quite yet. She is a month a week and a day today.

We are sending a little package to vietnam for her.
We included - 5 cute cotton onesies, 2 soft blankies, 3 cotton hats, 1 soft rattle, 1 small soft "glow-worm" (remember those things?!!), some candies for the nannies, and a photobook.
The glow-worm was my mom's idea. It plays 6 different lullabyes when you squeeze it. She thought it might be good to have something familiar (like a lullabye) to help soothe her when we first bring her home. We are going to buy an extra glow-worm in case we don't get the orginal back.

As June comes to a close, so does the 2nd year of my residency! Thank goodness! OB/GYN is a 4 year residency, so it feels great to be 1/2 done. The last two years have been a whirlwind of action, including delivering over 500 babies, 50 c-sections, hundreds (probably thousands) of clinic patients, 5 amniocentesis, several hysterectomies...... and lots of other exciting things. The first 2 years are very OB heavy, and the 2nd 2 years are GYN heavy...so lots more surgery this year.
Also, part of the awesome thing about becoming a 3rd year is getting my own office. That's right, ladies and gents, i have my very own office to cram full of pictures of the june-bug.
And while i'm on the subject of residents- Please be kind to your friendly residents. We are stuck in the hospital 80 hours a week, sometimes working 30 hours straight (with no sleepy-time). Sometimes we are tired and grouchy etc....so please keep this in mind before saying "do i have to be seen by a resident??"

in somewhat boring news (but exciting to us!) we are having major yardwork done. Our property is on a graded lot, so we are having the front and side yard dug up and a big huge retaining wall. Which is great news b/c we can fence the yard and let the doogles run around outside whenever they want. In hawaii there is no such thing as an "acre" of land, because it costs like 5 million dollars for an acre. So everything is in square footage. We will be increasing our yard from like 2,000 sq feet to 4,000 sq feet, so that is pretty awesome (at least by tiny island standards). All of you with those big beautiful yards back home are SOOOOO lucky.

so that's pretty much it for an update. lotsa families in vietnam, and i am loving reading about them.

Jenna, i look for Ella's picture everyday on your blog (along with like a million other people who can't believe you still don't have a referra!) Can't wait until the day finally comes. I can totally empathize with the "referral any second now" when "any second" ends up taking months.....so frustrating. but hang in there!

5 comments:

S. said...

Congrats on getting your office! LOL about "do I have to be seen by a resident"--guilty here!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the office and passing the halfway mark! That is a huge deal!!!

The care package is such a sweet idea!! I *love* those glow worms!

And congrats, too, on the yard. Whew - doubling your space! Not too shabby!!!!

stollmyheart said...

Thanks :) It looks like the wait may be a bit more, but I'm still waiting on more information. As of now...the wait continues. I appreciate your well wishes! I can't wait to show off her little face.

I'm just trying to keep myself really busy right now. It's kinda hard as I'm not working for the summer...but I'm managing to find lots to do!

Can't wait to hear more about June Bug!

K said...

Congratulations on the halfway mark Emilie! The yard work sounds promising too!

Jen said...

Congratulations on being "half-way" done with residency. I know how awesome it is to FINALLY get an office to call your own. Especially since you are practically living there! ha/ha.

One of my friends at WRAMC actually had a converted bathroom as an office--complete with shower spigot and a drain on the floor.

I am also a huge fan of the glow worm. I know that little Juneau will adore it.