Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, September 28, 2007

another night in paradise....



that is if you consider paradise the big pink hospital on the hill. Another night of call. I'm hoping for a quiet night tonight. In case you were wondering why Tripler is pink, the legend goes that when they built tripler, the white walls kept becoming filthy with the red dirt, so they painted the hospital pink to blend in with the dirt. Perhaps we should consider pink carpet in our house, since the beige carpet is suffering from the same problem.



Cris and I have been super super busy the last couple of weeks. I did get the chance to watch Cris referree one of the college volleyball matches, and that was really fun! Last year he worked a lot with the high school teams, so it's really cool to get to watch him ref for some of the college teams this year.

I am hoping to sneak in a little trip to one of the other islands soon. We are both working a lot of hours, and could certainly use a mini vacation. So far we have only visited the "Big Island", where the active volcano is. Although there was no surface lava flow while we were there, we LOVED the rustic feel of the island, and getting away from the crowds and traffic of Oahu. I'm hoping to head over to Kuaui, the "garden isle" for our next trip. I'm trying to think of some fun things to do to keep us occupied while we wait for Nov/Dec to roll around.

Hopefully everyone enjoys their weekend, and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dad Stickley and Coral!!!! We are thinking about you and wish we could be there to celebrate with you!!!!

No comments: