we are delayed. we don't know why. i emailed the VN coordinator a few days ago to ask if we should start packing, and she said "travel will probably be in late Nov, early Dec".
obviously we are really really sad about this news. and frustrated that the agency doesn't seem to think this is a big deal. Their excuse is that we are the first family to be adopting from Thanh Hoa, so it will take a little longer. I think 7 months from referral to travel is more than "a little longer".
trying not to be bitter, but it is coming out anyway.
anyway, i don't mean to be an absent blogger, but you guys have probably all been in this spot, when you don't feel like updating when there is not too much good to say.
i'm trying not to be a debbie downer, but i think if i keep writing right now i will be.
anyway, i'll write more when im in a bit of a better mood.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Hi-
I've been reading your post for awhile, but have never commented. I'm so sorry to hear about your delay. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and hope you get to travel soon.
Hi Emilie,
I've also been following your blog for a while but have not commented. I'm glad you posted b/c I've been checking in lately and worrying. Although travel delays are HORRIBLE, I was worried it could be worse. I completely understand where you're at, though. We're close to six and a half months since referral right now and have at least two more months to go. There may be a good reason for the delay. My agency has been very communicative and I've done a lot of research myself. If you'd like, feel free to email me and I'll share what I know! Hang in there - easy to say, hard to do, I know!
Laura
OurValentinesDayTreat@yahoo.com
Dear Debbie,
you have EVERY right to be both down and pissed. That completely and totally stinks. Thank gosh she was so young at referral and will still be young when you travel, but a 7 month wait is very unreasonable, IMO. Keep pushing 'em. No one wants their first family to be unhappy or have had a bad experience, so use that to your advantage if you can.
My fingers are crossed that they're just preparing you for the worst, but maybe it'll happen sooner. Otherwise, maybe we'll be in-country the same time?! While I would love to meet up with you, I hope that's not the case.
That really sucks! I hope it works itself out and that you get to travel earlier than that!
That bites. Keep on the agency and I hope that you get to travel before then.
delays suck. Not sure if it's worse before travel or while your in country, but they suck none the less.
Thinking about you and hoping time passes quickly for you.
I'm really sorry to read your news about the delay. That's such a very long time to wait. And as far as being a debbie downer is concerned, go ahead! It's really good to seriously vent on your blog. There are a bunch of us out here who understand. Trust me, misery DOES love company.
Then soon, you'll have your sweet Juneau in your arms and everything will be right with the world. I promise.
I am sorry, it really just sucks. I hope that you get good news soon--and I totally agree with Laurie. They have a lot riding on things going well for you.
Hang in there Emilie! Come and vent anytime.
Check out our blog when you get a chance ;)
I hope the time goes by quickly for you! There is usually a lot of things going on this time of year to get your mind of the delays. I know it is hard, but try to enjoy this time too!
Hi I found your blog and thought I would post. We are also a family waiting to get go and pick up our little girl in Thanh Hoa as well. We are with an agency on the east coast. Got our referral in April told travel in sept. Outside chance earlier but did not happen. I know some delays happened in the province not related to adoptions that caused things to back up at the provincial police dept. Apparently that has cleared and things are moving along. We are now hoping mid to late october for us. So I feel your pain and anciety but know there are others who are going through it with you. If I hear anything else will let you know, you do the same. BTW love your blog!
Gene
well shoot me an email and we can keep in touch that way. We are supposed to travel middle of october(fingers crossed). Email me at bgpeacockatembraq.com
Easier to keep each other updated that way and I can fill you in on details i mentioned in my comment post earl;ier
gene
Post a Comment