Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

still holding our breath...

but no travel dates. Rumors are flying everywhere about the I-600. Not sure really what to think about it. In brief summary, as of now you apply for an I600 in Vietnam, the investigation happens in-country. The new method is to apply for the I-600 stateside, decreasing the chance that you get stuck in vietnam for an investigation, or worse, a NOID. I think the new way sounds pretty good, but there are also rumors about a 60 day wait once the I600 is submitted. Which, if we submitted our I600 right this second, then waited 60 days, would put us at 7 months between referral and travel.
Makes my brain hurt thinking about it.
anyway, i didn't find out any of this from my rather oblivious agency. I did send them a rather long email on Monday. i will give them some time to process my wordy email, and then see what they have to say.
anyway, our internet is out at home, so i am writing from work. Maybe it will be back up by friday, but i'm not sure. and i really want to get out of this crazy train office. so hopefully i will have some news in the next week or so after my agency addresses my 1 million questions and 5 million concerns.
in the mean time, cris got a great haircut, but i can't post pictures because i have no internet in the vicinity of my camera. but i will. and i will also post pictures of the CoCo wheat we got in the mail, since apparently CoCo Wheat has not immigrated to hawaii from the mainland, and Cris' lovely sister paid $14.00 in shipping to send us a $1.00 box of coco wheat because she loves us so much. in fact, maybe that will be dinner tonight.

9 comments:

Mrs.B said...

I agree this new I600 processing is so confusing. There are many PAP's within the agency we used struggling with the idea of extended wait times as well.Having BTDT I can say it would be comforting to know that you will not have to worry about getting held up over there or even worse a NOID. I confess even though I had complete faith in my agency it was always in the back of mind that something could go wrong and they were not going to let me leave with my baby.I think one could look at this new process as insurance that everything should go smoothly. I think this will be a good thing, I am just sorry it will add time to the wait. Good luck, I hope you hear form your agency soon.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that the I600 processing change goes into effect on 10/29. On a case by case basis, if you are in Vietnam already, you can ask for interviews through 11/2 and possibly to 11/17. Those interviews will be conducted up to 11/17.
Having done an adoption doing the I600 in country and now waiting to do one where you do the I600 in advance, I think this process is better. I am sorry for you about the extended wait though.

Anonymous said...

You probably already heard, but the embassy is posting a notice about the new I600 process and they sent the text to us at VVAI... hopefully that will help you a bit. That wait just before travel is so very hard, I hope you get some concrete answers on your travel dates soon!

Anonymous said...

What anonymous said is exactly what my agency coordinator told me today. If I were you, I'd contact your agency about having your I600 filed immediately.

Anonymous said...

You have to get the baby's paperwork back from vietnam before you can file the I600 so like it has been said before, I would contact them and get the going on obtaining your baby's records!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope this does not slow you down too much!

Kerry said...

We got detailed info and instructions regarding this from our agency (we are still waiting for referral but are kept in the loop). You need to contact your agency asap about this. The dates mentioned by anonymous (the first one) are what ours stated. Good luck!

Jen said...

Hope everything goes ok for you guys and you are on your way to VN soon!

Little June bug gets cuter with every new picture :)

K said...

Hey there. I sure hope you get to go get Juneau soon. All of this waiting stinks, and is only complicated by the new procedures. Even though they make sense, transitions are always difficult.