Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, December 16, 2007

the big news!

I'm leavin' for the airport in less than an hour, so this is a quickie post, but i couldn't leave everyone hanging until tuesday, when i will be back in blogger land.

2008 will be bringing special additions to the stickley family x 2!!!

During this long wait for the little june-bug to come home, we found out we will be adding another little one to the stickley clan. This was a HUGE suprise, and still hasn't totally sunk in. We've known for a little while, but wanted to wait to tell to be sure everything was ok. then, when we were ready to announce the big news, we lost our referral, and everything seemed to fall apart. But, now that things are settling down a bit, we are excited to announce that Juneau will soon have a sister!

I'm just about 19 weeks, and due May 13th. It's been an overwhelming, but great experience!
So, we'll leave you with a little glimpse at the baby girl soon to be Nova Joelle!


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had a feeling this would be your big news...so exciting!

A said...

Congratulations! That is great news for your family. Bestof luck!

Andrea

Solbergs said...

Congrats! You are going to be one busy mom! Such exciting news for you! Good luck with everything and happy holidays.

Brandi

K said...

Congratulations Emilie!!!! How exciting!

I am sure that things will go more smoothly now with the director involved. Good luck, hang in there!!!

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

OMG!! YAY!! I knew this was going to be your news! There are several momma's in those same shoes this year....it's so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about both additions!

Out of curiosity, how did your agency feel about it?

Anonymous said...

Hah! I knew it!!!! When you are already adopting there can only be one other big grand surprise, right?! Heehee. CONGRATS! That's wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh also her name is BEAUTIFUL and I bet you are the most gorgeous pregnant woman in the world. I hope you'll post photos of that beautiful belly!!!

Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Oh WOW!! Congratulations!!!

Mrs.B said...

CONGRATULATIONS Chris and Emilie!!! I am thrilled for you. Wonderful,Wonderful news :)

Carissa said...

Congratulations! That news could not be better! Hope that things continue to go well for you with both the adoption and the pregnancy!

Sarah said...

Wow! Congratulations! You are going to be one busy mommy come spring with two baby girls to love and cuddle!

Jennifer said...

Congrats. That is excellent news!!!

Elaine said...

Congratulations! I was wondering if that might be the big news . . . Just wonderful!

Jenn said...

Congratulations, how wonderful! I was offline most of the weekend, sorry I'm late to congratulate. Snow does that to you, the shoveling, replacing fan belt on car, more shoveling, etc. Oh, yes, you've been there before and soon you'll be in this snow again. I pitty you, Hawaii to Ohio...that is so not fun. I bet it'll feel good to head home though :)

BTW, great name!

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! What wonderful news!! You will have two little girls :)
ps--that is such a beautiful name!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome news! Yeah.

Pamela said...

Congrats! That always does seem to be the big news in adoption land! And, yes, as others have stated you will be in good company. Wonderful to know you'll have that unique support. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's the best news I've heard all month!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wishing you a wonderful and uneventful pregnancy - you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

YAY - I was wondering when you were going to spill the beans!!

Dianna said...

I'm seriously late with this but... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a wonderful holiday gift. Juneau will LOVE having a sister to play with.