well, i survived the cold, and made it back to the rainy season here in Hawaii. It's so funny because on the radio here in the mornings they will say "be careful out there, the roads are really wet". I'm like, 'are you kidding?? warnings for wet roads?'. But i guess if wet is the worst the roads ever get i can kind of understand the warning.
Christmas was aweseome. I spent some time with Cris' family my first day home, and then headed over to meet with some PAP's and AP's in Columbus. It was really cool to finally meet some of the people i already "knew" so much about. Then back to my parents house, which was packed with all 5 siblings, 2 spouses, and 3 grandkids. Next year will be great to add 2 more to the grandkid crew. My mom had bought these little electric bumper cars that little kids can actually ride in, and they were zipping all over the house in these crazy little things.
In adoption news, our agency director is headed over to Vietnam the first of the year to visit the orphanages and get the scoop on what's happening. We are hopeful that her trip will bring great news for our family. I can't wait to hear all about the little girl who will become our daughter next year!
Nothing really new in preggo news. I had my formal ultrasound yesterday (my friends and i had already done like 1 million ultrasounds - cris is afraid we're gonna fry the baby), which confirmed it is indeed a baby girl (sorry cris! you will remain the only male figure amidst me, juneau, nova, -- and summit and sherpa--our dog babies). Everything looked great, and she is growing right on target. Her movements are becoming very obvious now, and it is extremely weird. I jump everytime she moves. I imagine i'll probably get used to that. or at least i hope i do!
and in yucky news, i'm back to work. not that i don't like work, but i was really enjoying doing absolutely nothing at all for the last few weeks.
I know i need to post some pics, but i'm at work and no camera or cord, so i will post some soon. I've really really enjoyed all of the adorable and amazing Christmas pics my blogger buddies have posted!
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Glad to hear that you had a great trip! That is funny about the warnings for the wet roads. I hope you get good news from your agency soon!
I am glad you had a wonderful holiday. I hope hope hope you get referral news in the next few weeks!!!!!! So exciting! And a confirmed girl? Wow - wonderful!!!!!!! I'm soooo excited for you guys!
I hope that the trip to Vietnam by your director brings some closure to the past and some precious tidbits for the future!
Congrats on the baby! I hope Cris has lots of male friends LOL.
Emilie,
I am happy to hear you had such a nice Holiday. I am really glad things are looking up for you. Two babies coming!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
HUGE congrats on your exciting pregnancy news. What a great year this is going to be for your family! I really hope you receive some good news following your agency director's trip to VN. Happy New Year!
The new year will bring great things. Can't wait to follow along.
Congratulations!! I can't wait to see little miss Nova :)
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment