Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

the pictures are in....

and she is amazing. absolutely perfect and beautiful and sweet.

Here is some info about her:

She is 4 months old
She is in Tam Ky (quang nam province) - which is a surprise since the referral we lost was from Thanh Hoa. But to tell you the truth I am happy to be working in a new province.
She is healthy!
She's really cute when she's asleep (and I'm sure she's cute awake, but i don't have a picture of that one yet)

The emotions of looking at her picture are overwhelming. I remember seeing the picture from our first referral for the first time. Instantly smitten. I didn't know what it would be like to see our new referral pics. I thought it might feel like nothing, or kind of numb. But it is unbelievable.

yeah, so, i'm pretty much beyond elated right now.

Now all the tough stuff starts. For instance, i am the primary petitioner on our I600, so i guess we have to get it re-done to make Cris the primary petitioner since there's like a 95% chance i won't be travelling. only problem is i'm in Kentucky. so we'll have to work on that one. Also new fingerprints, b/c ours expire in March. Right now they are saying travel April-June timeframe. Who really knows, but looks like the little girls will be joining our family right about the same time.

did i mention she's amazing?

26 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations. My daughter is from the Quang Nam province - not the city of Tam Ky, but same province. I am so happy for you!

Cheryl F. said...

I am so excited for you I have been following your blog for a while now I can't wait to be where you are at today. Congratulations

Cheryl
www.whattonameher.blogspot.com

baileygp said...

I couldn't be happier for you! Wishing you speedy travel. : )

Anonymous said...

First CONGRATS! I am so so happy for you. Second I am really relieved she's in Tam Ky, I'm glad you are too. Third, I hope your wait to travel goes by super quick! You deserve to have a nice drama-free easy rest of your adoption.

KelleyO said...

Congratulations! My boys are from Tam Ky! Are you with CAS? I have a picture of a tiny baby from when I was there in October.

Dania Efird said...

hi! we've been following your blog. congrats on the referral!

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!!

Susan said...

That's wonderful news! My daughter is from Que Son, also in the Quang Nam province. Congratulations and I hope your travel comes quickly.

Leslie & Shaune said...

oh, i am so happy to read this. i have thought of your family several times in the past couple months. wonderful news! congratS!

Carissa said...

Congratulations and good luck getting everything straightened out!

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! What an exciting day!

Kristin said...

YAY!! What amazing news!

Congratulations!

spj said...

Congratulations....you must be floating on a really big cloud!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you, and wishing you speedy aproval and travel!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope, hope, hope all goes smoothly for you in getting both girls here!

Emily said...

yeah! my daughter was sleeping in her referral pictures too:)so sweet.
i hope you have quick travel...you certainly deserve it.

Kelli said...

Congratulations- that is wonderful news!

Angel said...

Congratulations!!! That's awesome news...

By the way, I'm tagging you!! Please visit the post today at www.fracturedfairytale.wordpress.com . My blog about Chloe is at www.littlebabyhunter.blogspot.com, so you know I'm not just some random person tagging you! :)

James and Melissa said...

Congratulations. I am so happy for you!!!

stollmyheart said...

I don't check on your blog for two days...and look what I miss! I am so happy for you two! Congrats! Let's hope this next part goes fast and you get that little one home!

Sarah said...

Pretty cool that you are in "Ky" at the time you find out that your beautiful Juneau is in Tam "Ky"... a sign maybe??

Congratulations on your new baby girl!!!

Mrs.B said...

What a wonderful year you have ahead! such great news! congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

We are going to Quang Nam province for vacation with our daughter who was born there in March. I can send you photos and info if you want. Congratulations - I am so happy for you!
Linda Larson

jenn said...

Wow, you are in for such a ride! It's wonderful to hear you have pics, so exciting. Very happy for you guys!

K said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Emilie! I'm so happy for you!