Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, January 5, 2008

So excited for this year!

5 days in, and i can already say that 2008 has been going great so far. I'm so excited about pretty much everything this year will bring. Baby Nova is doing awesome. The last month and a half have been a lot different than the first 4 months. The nausea, and fatigue are gone, and everything is just going really smoothly. Cris felt her move for the first time last week. He said it felt kind of like a muscle twitch.


So far pregnancy has proven to be way easier than adoption (I know...i still have the hard part ahead of me!) It's just such a great feeling to have a Due Date. To know that in May at least one of our girls will be here. The last 15 months of waiting for Juneau have had so many many ups and downs (as most of you fellow PAP's have also experienced!). Pretty much everything about our adoption is out of our control. We have had to sit back and be spectators in this terrible experience of getting the referral of the most beautiful baby girl in the world, and 6 months later knowing that she isn't ours after all. Now we have to continue to wait, and start the whole process all over. I know everyone's adoption experience is unique, and everyone's pregnancy experience is unique, but the challenges we have faced with our adoption so far have been really difficult to deal with.
I can't wait until Juneau comes home, and the whole nightmare will suddenly not matter anymore. Just having her home will be such a miracle and blessing that we will probably forget all about the drama and heartbreak.

Anyway, this post started out happy about how awesome this year is going to be, and went downhill pretty quickly.
In AMAZING adoption news, E. (of Looking for George) has I600 approval!
Hopefully that means Laurie, Travis, Jackson, Shane and Belly Baby (of Pho for Four) have approval on the way, and that whole clan will be home soon.

Here is my first belly pic. Sorry, i'm not brave enough to do a Bare Belly pic. Also, i didn't feel like brushing my hair (and trust me, it's pretty scary), so you get the random headless pregnant photo.
5.5 months!

















And just so our other "baby" doesn't feel left out, here is Summit (chillin' out with Cris) in her Hawaii Winter gear. She gets cold at night, and likes to wear this little coat around.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You have the cutest LITTLE 5.5 belly I've ever seen. Me at 5.5 months? Whale. Well, maybe not the first pregnancy, but by the third, yeah, whale.

Chandra said...

I'm so glad 2008 is starting out to be a great year for you. I'm sure it will be. How could it not, with 2 babies on the way!

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

The only belly pic I posted on my blog was also a random headless pic. haha I can't wait to see what 2008 brings you guys!
Yay for babies!

Carissa said...

So nice to hear that the pregnancy is going better than the adoption! Your belly is so cute!

Jen said...

look at you and your cute belly bump! congrats!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you have the cutest little pregnant tummy. That's the best headless pregnant photo I've seen in a while. :) I'm glad you're feeling well and I hope things keep getting better for you.

Laura said...

Congratulations on your girls! I hope they're both at home safe and sound soon (well, not too soon for Nova, but you know what I mean!). I am with you on the pregnancy being easier than adoption bit - even including those last huge months and labor. I always get a good laugh when (obviously ignorant but well meaning) people insinuate that we took the easy road with our #3!

James and Melissa said...

It looks like you have a lot to look forward to in 2008! It is nice to hear some good news.

Anonymous said...

Feel good. You look great!