Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, March 21, 2008

On the way to Vietnam!

our I600, that is. But hopefully soon we will be too! We signed our I600 today at the agency, and had a chance to look over Juneau's dossier. It was amazing to see all of her documents all together in 1 little packet and ready to go to HCMC. It was sent off this afternoon! We have waited sooooo long for this, and finally for the very first time since May 2007 (our first referral!) i feel like we are actually truly and officially matched with our child and will be going to get her in the next 2-3 months! Ideally Juneau will be home before Nova is born so i can maximize my 6 weeks of maternity leave with both girls. The Army only gives 3 weeks of adoption leave, so i'm hoping that J-bug will get home and i can use the whole 6 weeks plus 3 weeks to get to spend 24/7 with the babies.
I think that is unlikely, though. That would mean we need our I600 aproved in 4-6 weeks, and it seems like it has been taking more like 8-12 weeks (except for some of those very very lucky families!)
anyway, i'm just rambling on about timelines because i am SOOOO excited. I'm going to be on the edge of my seat until i get the acknowledgement letter. and then REALLY on the VERY EDGE of my seat until we get approval.

14 comments:

Kelly said...

That is awesome! I really hope the I600 approvals start coming more quickly. That wait has been awful.

LaLa said...

YAY!!! Hope the approval comes quickly!

K said...

WONDERFUL news!!! I hope you hear soon!

Anonymous said...

How exciting. I am praying for a quick approval for you!!!

Sara said...

I've been lurking on your blog for a while and following your journey to Juneau...now to both girls! Great news for you today -- congrats! I am curious as to what your plans are for travel given the stage of your pregnancy, or the potential that your travel approval will come when you have a newborn. Will this affect your ability to go to Vietnam? I hope not! All the best to you and your family. I have 2 daughters myself and it is amazing :)
Sara

Anonymous said...

Great news!!! I'm so glad things are moving forward!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that is such great news!

Kelli said...

Hooray! I hope your approval is a fast one.

James and Melissa said...

Great news! I hope you hear get a speedy approval.

Sherri said...

YAY!!! I am praying for quick approval and good timing so you can make the most of your leave.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! One step closer!

Jen said...

Wonderful news!!! Hurry home little Miss Juneau!

stollmyheart said...

Congrats! That's awesome news!

jenn said...

Great news, I sure hope it works out timeline-wise for you guys, 9 weeks would be tops!