Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, March 14, 2008

still just waiting to file

so we got some possibly good news today. i really don't put a ton of stock in what the agency tells me, since we are now on our second referral, and 10 months since our first referral and still no baby (please refer to below timeline!). BUT there is a glimmer of hope that we may have an end in sight. I talked to the VN coordinator, and she says the in-country staff has june-bug's dossier in hand, and will be finishing the translation this weekend, and mailing to the agency next week, which means as soon as the agency gets the dossier we can file the stupid old I600. don't know if i should believe it 'til i see it, but at least it's something.

work has been going pretty good. I've been trying to keep a positive attitude, but there has been random minor drama here and there. Our Residency program director has decided that working 5 14 hour shifts/week isn't quite enough work, and that on Friday morning (after finishing our night shift) we have to stay another 4 hours to see clinic patients. Are you kidding? I truly do feel bad for the clinic patients i have to see on friday mornings, b/c i can hardly keep my eyeballs open. it just seems like such a terrible idea. But i'm really trying hard not to complain (although i just spent the last paragraph complaining).

On the Belly Baby front, things are good. I haven't posted a belly pic in a while, but it's becoming a pretty respectably sized belly. I still have a hard time grasping the concept that either this pregnancy or the adoption will actually end with a baby. It's been such an incredibly long road that i still can't comprehend that in a few months we will have 1 baby for sure, and hopefully 2. It's so strange, because i'm around pregnant and laboring women literally all day long, and yet i haven't even really thought about my own delivery. For my prenatal "visits" i pretty much just corner one of the other residents in the hallway and make them listen to the baby and measure my belly about once a month. I have no idea what to expect for my own labor. I'm definately going for the epidural (while all the while giving much respect to the all-natural mama's out there). That's pretty much the only thing i've decided about. I still don't even know who is going to deliver Baby Nova. Guess i'd better get to work on figuring this stuff out!

I'm really really really hopeful that next week i will be letting you all know that my I600 is on it's way to HCMC. That would be AMAZING.

4 comments:

K said...

My fingers are crossed for you! I'm sorry there has been so much disappointment for you in this process, but I just know you will have Juneau soon. I'm thinking of yoU!

Anonymous said...

Wow... everything is moving right along. I hope your I600 moves at record speed. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!! Can't wait to see Juneau and Nova.

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are able to file your I600 soon and that it moves so quickly your head spins! As for baby Nova, I am glad that things continue to go smoothly!

Jen said...

It's been a rough road for you guys...but your parenting days are just around the corner!