Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sisters

Sister are pretty much the best thing in the entire world. My older sister left last night after spending 2 weeks waiting on me hand and foot, cleaning my house from top to bottom, handling all of the laundry/dishes/dinner, and painting the guestroom/bathrooms/hallway. It has been unbelievable.


To top it all off, she gave us the MOST INCREDIBLE gift ever.


As a gift to the girls (especially since we live so far away from everyone) she contacted everyone in our family - even aunts/uncles, and had them find a copy of their favorite children's book. Cool, huh? About to get a lot better - Everyone read their book and my sister downloaded them each to a CD, and then attached the CD to the inside cover of the book, so the girls can listen to their favorite books being read by family members! It's sooooo awesome. Plus, everyone took it really seriously, and I have sound effects and singing and everything! It is so cool that the girls can listen to "Madeline" read by Grandma anytime they want.


On Sunday, we took Betsy and Becky (my sisters) out to a Fancy Sunday Brunch at the Halekulani Hotel. This place is AMAZING. They pretty much have anything and everything you can imagine, incluidn ga complete sushi bar and dessert bar. We had a really great time.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing gift idea! I may have to borrow it for our family gift-giving occasions.

Linda said...

Having 6 sisters (and another in heaven) I must say, sisters are the best. And I love your gift, what an awesome idea - I still have one sister without kiddos so maybe, just maybe, I can use it in the future!

Kelli said...

That is the most amazing gift I have ever heard of. What a great idea!

Jen said...

Nova is wonderful! Enjoy your trip home!

baileygp said...

What a unique gift! I'm sure the girls will love them for years and years.

M. said...

That really is the best gift idea I've ever heard! What an awesome keepsake. Tell your sister she's a genius.

Anonymous said...

I so want your sister or at least to have your sister call my sister and tell her what to do! I love that idea with the books! Sounds like you have an amazing family!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm TOTALLY stealing that gift idea - it's brilliant! My sister did the same thing for me (waited on me hand and foot) right before I delivered. You're right - sisters are the greatest!I can't believe how much Nova has already grown and changed! Post more pictures!!!!