Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, August 23, 2008

ewww....baby poo

Things continue to go pretty well. I've discovered that the majority of my anxiety comes from the anticipation of a meltdown, rather than any actual meltdowns occurring yet.
I hate it when the babies cry. Hate it. Cris continues to remind me of the new household rule - "Babies are allowed to cry in the Stickley house", but it still really stresses me out. I'm afraid Nova will be hungry at the same time Juneau is hungry and i can only feed one at a time. Or that Juneau will wake up from her nap crying while i am trying to put Nova down for her nap and that mass tears will erupt.
In the Too Much Information category, yesterday was my last day of breastfeeding Nova. While i was in Michigan I spent a lot of time in the O.R. Sometimes the cases were 6 or 8 hours long and I couldn't leave to pump. It was a MAJOR struggle to keep up my milk supply. As soon as I was done with a case i would text my mom and she would throw Nova in the car and make a mad dash for the hospital. I would run out to the car, feed Nova as fast as i could, throw her back in the carseat and make a mad dash back to the O.R. It was seriously crazy. But we made it through. But the sporadic feedings definately caught up to me, and i really have been struggling to keep up with the breastfeeding. Finally Nova has just become really frustrated, and I am spending a lot of time pumping since she won't nurse, which is taking away from the time i could be spending with june-bug and nova, so i think it is time to call it quits. I'm actually really sad that we didn't make it longer, but i guess we will just have to deal with it and be happy that somehow we made it this long in spite of the craziness that has been our life for the last few months.
So, on to the discussion of baby poo. Which, by the way i find rather disgusting, but since i have to deal with it on a daily basis i thought i would share my misery.
I have started feeding Juneau avacado, which she LOVES. However, today she pooped no less than 14 times. Well, maybe not quite 14 times, but once was in the bathtub, so i count that double because it was so disgusting. Anyway, for the last 3 or 4 months (Ever since i realized that there was a possibility that the babies could poo in the tub) i have been dreading the day that it would happen to me. And today was that day. Poor Nova had to sit in the tub with Juneau's Avacado poo. Fortunately she is still rather oblivious, and is also not to the reaching out and grabbing stage, so it wasn't nearly as nasty as it could have been.

And finally, here is a picture of our exploding family out for a walk yesterday. It started out all good with both babies in the double decker stroller, but Nova has decided it is much more fun to be carried around like a little princess (she's going to have to get over that mentality quickly if she's going to survive around here) and she much prefers the Baby Bjorn.


6 comments:

Dawn said...

Sorry about the breastfeeding, I would be upset also. You have it your best though. LOVE the stroller. They look so strange, but cool. Do you like it? What made you choose that style?

Shabnam and Brant said...

you crack me up emmie! i, too, am dreading the day that i have to deal with poop in the bath. i know i've just jinxed myself! i'll have to remember this when we first give aves avocados.

Anonymous said...

I can definately sympathize with the anxiety and the poo. The same day we landed home from Vietnam we had a floater in the tub. Hang in there. The terror and anxiety will improve. I brought 2- 1 year olds who are 6 weeks apart home 3 months ago.You sound like me the first month I was home. I also have 2 older children who wanted all of mommy's attention.

Jen said...

ew! Not one we've dealt with yet...knock on wood.

You're family is gorgeous!

Bharani said...

Very funny! I guess all the secret pleasures of being a mom (or dad). Since I am in peds GI I always think baby poo is much better than adult poo...but I know not all agree.

Anonymous said...

Cris Nice shirt!!!! Love Molly