it's nice to have a couch though. And a bed. Although our sheets and blankets are in the lost shipment, so we can't actually sleep on it yet.
The girls and the dogs were all gathered around Cris (they were actually just waiting for a drink, but it looks funny!)
Nova and Juneau thought it was HILARIOUS to walk Summit on her leash. They kept fighting over who got to hold the leash. It was cracking us up.
J-bug's turn!
Watch your food closely if you eat lunch with Juneau. Here she has confiscated Nova's plate and is eating both of their lunches.Now a couple of medical pics of Juneau's newest skin condition. She actually came home from Vietnam with a patch of bumpy skin. We thought it was related to her eczema (which has since completely resolved). The patch has always been there, although sometimes it is much worse. Over the last 2 weeks it has spread across her back and also her stomach/chest. I think it may be Molluscum, but I'm not sure. Has anybody seen this on their kiddos?

And finally, we are super super super excited about our summertime company. The first group is the Matus gang, arriving this weekend! We are going to have an awesome time exploring Colorado and hanging out.
Then in August with get Grandpa and Grandma Stickley and Gramma Nova. I'm sure there will be some serious spoiling going on that week.
Then in September I think we will be back in Ohio for my dad's big heart surgery. We can't wait to see Grandma and Grandpa Saccenti, and I'm sure the spoiling will continue.





4 comments:
Do you read Pho for Five? http://www.goodhappenings.com/
Laurie is doing a Derm internship. She has adopted kiddos from VN and lives in CO : )
She may know what the rash is.
Brooklyn has the same thing. We have always thought it ws part of her eczema but at the same time it dont look the same. we are to go to the specialist in a week to see what it is. maybe we will get an answer.
glad to hear that your things are starting to arrive. we have had the same trouble before too. take care and love to read about the girls. i wish i was as good at updating my blog but instead i use facebook
angie
Hey Em, i can't really see the pictures super clearly, but do the little bumps have that central umbilication (that little dimple in the middle)? My guess from what I can see is that it's molluscum; they look like small skin-colored papules occurring in clusters... I had it as a kid, my younger siblings had them as kids, and I see them pretty often. They're a pain because they can be SO hard to get rid of, and often times kids autoinnoculate, so if she scrapes her knees or elbows or whatever, the virus can show up in those areas too. The good news is, they're not usually bothersome and a kid Juneau's age doesn't have to worry about classmates teasing her or anything. They'll eventually go away, just might take awhile unless you want to do something (painful) to her like pulsed dye laser, cantharidin, curettage-removal, or imiquimod. If anything, I think imiquimod is not painful and gives life-long immunity if it does work. Problem is, it's a very looooooong treatment.
Wanna hear something gross? I sat through a peds derm lecture a few days ago that was, in part, on molluscum and I learned that it's become a huge epidemic in community swimming pools!! I'm trying to forget I ever heard that because we have SO MUCH fun in our neighborhood pool and the thought that it's loaded with molluscum contagiousum virus sorta grosses me out.
Anyway, hope you guys are settling in ok. We're looking forward to meeting you guys at some point...any interest in hauling up to Denver this weekend for the Dragon Boat Festival? It's a huge Asian festival, but it's held dead of summer from 10am-6pm. HOT! I'm still trying to talk Travis into it.
Hey Em, we'll miss you guys at the Festival if we actually make it there ourselves (after our weekend of drama). Anyway, I was reading up on some stuff about atopic dermatitis (eczema). The latest research supports the theory that eczema is a problem of the barrier function in the skin. That explains the interesting finding you mentioned...kids with atopic dermatitis, because of the defect in their skin's barrier function, are more prone to warts and molluscum.
Random, but interesting. Thought I'd pass it along.
Anyway, we'd love to see you guys Aug. 13, that's the day in between when 1 set of house guests leave and another arrives (it's like Grand Central Station around here lately). Shoot me an email before you come up for pictures and we'll plan something fun for that day around your schedule.
Happy moving in!
Post a Comment