"The Pack"

Juneau looking fabulous in some Uggs
This little girl has her daddy's sweettooth all the way!
Well, I came back from Vegas with $98.00 extra dollars in my pocket :) I'm not really a gambler, but my friend Tracy has this thing with the Wheel of Fortune slot, so i thought i would just put $2 bucks in and see what happened. The very first time i pulled the lever i won a hundred bucks, so i cashed that puppy out, and called it a day!
We had a BLAST in vegas! I didn't take any pictures, but my friend Benny did, and as soon as i get them I'll post some. We had sooooo much fun...eating too much at extravagant buffets, getting massages at the hotel spa, and just being ridiculuous together. Four of us were supposed to go, but one of our friends who was coming from Fort Hood stepped off the plane in Vegas to 5 voicemails and text messages that she had to go back to Ft. Hood ASAP b/c they were sending her to Haiti. So it was a quick dinner, then back on the plane to Texas for her.
speaking of haiti, I volunteered to go with any medical teams the Army is sending. I'm not sure yet if they will be sending me, and if they do it will probably be really short notice, but I am hopeful to get an opportunity to be a part of the relief effort. There are a lot of things about being in the Army that I'm not too crazy about, but being a part of humanitarian relief is something I would love to be able to do, so i am hopeful to have the opportunity to go.
so, it's back to the old grind around the Stickley house. Juneau has been ridiculously funny lately. She's into this thing of adding "sweetheart" to the end of her sentences. Cris took them to the park this week, and Juneau was as little slow making it from the car to the swings, but she yelled out "I'm comin' sweetheart!". Also the other day when Nova woke up from her nap, Juneau started heading up the stairs to get her and yelled up "Don't cry, sweetheart!"
Nova seems to be preparing for her terrible twos in full force. She has started fit-throwing at the silliest little things. Unfortunately, her fit is a little more attention getting than average. Today she had a full-on breath-holding/pass out/posturing episode right in the middle of wal-mart. It has the potential of attracting a small crowd when she arches her back, extends her arms, and gets a freaky grimace, turns blue and stops breathing. We've learned to take it in stride, and try not to give her too much attention aside from a quick breath in the face to try to snap her out of it. We are definately anxious for her to grow out of this stage!
We are looking forward to an exciting couple of weeks ahead. Sunday we are headed to Denver for the Rodeo, and the next weekend we are going to the Disney Live! show in Denver, followed by a fun weekend in Steamboat springs. I have a great birthday gift planned for Cris - Mushing a Dogsled team in Steamboat Springs! so hopefully we will have lots of fabulous pictures and stories from the next couple of weeks!


2 comments:
That dog picture is hysterical. Isn't that always the case - the littlest dog dominates the bigger ones! My bernese mountain dog gets pushed around by toy dogs.
Kristina
What a fun posting! I love the pack photos, and i can't wait to hear about the up coming events! can you believe that the wheel of fortune became your ATM? Give your little seetheart j bug a hug from me, and your tiny fitster a quick blow in the face! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! MOM
Post a Comment