Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

email wars....

uggh. i am so tired of waiting. i know i have barely started the waiting game compared to some of my blogger buddies, but it feels so torturous because all the way back in January we were told there wa s a referral and we were just waiting for medicals. that fell through. now it is april and still no referral. We have been #1 for three months, and still no news.
anyway, i have been doing ok with the waiting, but every so often i go totally freaking insane. adn sometimes when i am insane i email our agency. that is a really really not good idea. maybe this has happened to you...you start writing the email, and it sounds fairly sane, then the frustration and dissappointment starts to build and the email gets a little ugly, then more frustration and more ugliness, then you just hit send, and it's too late to go back. yeah, so that happened to me yesterday.
our case manager actually took it pretty well (she's probably used to crazy prospective AP's), and then i had to do damage control and write a really nice email about how much i appreciate her working her hardest and that kind of thing.
anyway, long story short the referrals are slooowwww from the orphanage they are workign with (i don't know if maybe a lot of agencies are working with this orphanage), so they are working on getting licensed in another province and working with 2 orphanages. which is good news, but i'm sure all of this will take time time time time time time....
In blogging news, i have been visiting all my favorite blogs, but now that i read somwhere around 1,250,678,309 blogs, i haven't been commenting on anyone's blogs...sorry, i'm such a taker, not a giver. BUT i did want to give a shout out to Susan who will finally get to see her beautiful Lily Ana, and celebrate her first real mother's day with her baby girl. Congratulations Susan! you give me hope that one day i will actually have a referral, and a travel date, and a baby girl.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Awww, thanks for the shout out, Emilie! I really appreciate it. For what it's worth, I truly understand about the crazy emails, phone calls, etc. I think it's just part of the process and the agencies are used to it. I also know about waiting (although I haven't waited as long as some). It can be pure torture, but I assure you that it gets better the moment you get the referral call, then the travel call. Hang in there!

LaLa said...

Sorry for all your delays. International adoption can be very frustrating and yet sooo rewarding. You WILL get your baby girl and she WILL be perfect for your family.

amanda said...

Email regrets, I hate those! I love following your blog, and I'm sure that referral will come and the wait will be all worth it. I'm sending referral wishes your way!

The Roth-Vinsons said...

We have had fun following your blog, and can very much relate to the feelings you described in this post. We are currently waiting on a referral, too, and are based in Oregon. Hope it comes for you soon!
Cerise & Jeff - rothvinson.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

I just found your blog. I look forward to following along your journey. Sorry about the waiting. It is miserable, but it is so worth it in the end. We have all gone crazy on our agencies before. No biggie. They are totally used to it.

Brenda said...

oh yes we can relate to the wait...we were number 1 on the list for almost 3 months. Nearly did me in! And I can so relate to the making of lists, checking emails, is phone on...Now we wait for travel, sometime in June or July, more list, could get lots more done if closed lap top!!