So, long time since last post, I know. Things are definately looking up in the morale dept. Thank you guys SOOOO much for your insightful and kind comments on my last couple of posts. You probably know how i had been feeling since most of you guys have probably been there during your own adoption processes.
A comment i wanted to especially point out, because it really changed the way i think about things. Jenn made an excellent point that the culture is so different, and that the in-country coordinator probably gives a best case scenario just because he wants us to be happy. I encountered the exact same thing when i spent a couple of months volunteering at a hospital in pakistan. The people were wonderful, but they had such a high desire to make us (the hospital workers) happy that they would often flat out lie, just to have something good to say. It was such a strange phenomenon, but they woudl completely make things up, just so we would be happy. Suddenly this made me realize that Charlie (our in-country coordinator) may be doing the same thing. always giving the absolute best case scenario (like back when i thought we would have a referral in january, then in february, then in march etc....now it's practically june).
anyway, all that to say, thanks for the encouragement...and sorry for the delay in posting. absolutely no referral news. i think i'm gonna break down and email my agency today to see if there is anything.
So I just got back from my very excellent vacation to Ohio. All the sibs were there, including my adorable new little neice. I will post pics later. I tried out my sling with her, and i LOVE it.
We did end up stopping by the Asian Fest in columbus (sorry ohio buddies...i really wanted to get a chance to meet up with some of you guys, but it was really last minute that we decided to go). it was really fun, but i do have to say, did anyone see the Japanese Karaoke guy who did "Beat It" That was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen! And terribly entertaining.
And that's pretty much it. I'm back to work now, luckily I have the morning to kinda get settled back in and sort through all the junk of the week. I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on, but i did see some referrals have been given, and some lucky parents are traveling this week.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment