Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, September 3, 2007

September is here!

Fall is coming, for those of our family and friends who live in states that have seasons. I can't believe September is already here. I was pretty convinced that by this time we would have gone to Vietnam, picked up our baby girl, and brought her to her new home. We found out a little info from another family whose baby is in our same orphanage. She told us the province is experiencing some non-adoption related governmental issues. There are some new officials that are having a power struggle with the old officials, so no progress has been made in the last few weeks. She also sent me some picutres of Juneau's acutal orphanage! It is so amazing to see the place she is spending her first few months. I am still hoping for travel by the end of the month, but based on the new information we've recieved it may be October. We are still doing ok with the waiting, although there are really hard days. We just feel so happy and blessed to have such a beautiful little girl waiting for us. One of the good things that the lady who sent the photos told us is that there is 1 caretaker for every 2 babies. It makes me really happy that someone is looking after our little girl.



Just a little reminder of her cuteness!














Mom and Dad Stickley sent the cutest package! Perfect for a little Stickley Grandbaby.





And this is the beautiful and special blanket made by Grandma Stickley! It's perfect!


Photos of Juneaus' Orphanage



















1 comment:

Bharani said...

She is very cute!! Congratulations Em and Cris....I am very excited for you! I love your website.
Miss you,
Bharani