At the end of a very long day including teaching a night class from 7:00-9:45, it is hard to take the time to stay up and fiddle around with the blog but I know Emilie is logging on every day that she can hoping to see an update so it's the least I can do.
I did get to talk to Emilie this morning again even though the connection was very bad and our skyping was limited. She was getting ready to sleep for a few hours before having to get up at in the middle of the night to try to catch her next flight. I didn't hear from her this evening so I have to assume she got on that flight. So, by now she should be in Afghanistan waiting on one more connection before she gets to her actual duty station.
Since I was teaching late tonight, I got to stay home all morning and play with the girls and catch up on a couple things around the house. At one point, the girls were up in their "castle" playing by themselves.
You know how you see in the comics or on TV where Calvin (of "and Hobbes") or Stewie or that kid from the Family Circus gets in trouble for coloring on the wall?
Well, apparently that is based on actual events (or "inspired by a true story" - for the Mitch Hedberg fans) because at one point, I heard a strange sound up in the castle and Nova saying "I colored a picture." I quickly ran up the ladder to find: It seems a previous tenant of the castle had left a felt tip pen and a pencil up there (under the edge of the carpet that I hadn't seen previously?). Nova was holding the pen and admiring her work and Juneau was busy at work with the pencil - Now I know the weird sound that a pencil scrubbing away on drywall makes.
A redecorating of the castle was already in the works so this little event doesn't end up being too big of a deal...I guess the redecorating will also include a coat of paint now.


2 comments:
Our daughter Naia LOVES to color/write. On anything. We find her art everywhere around the house. She's 6 1/2 now, so it is getting better, but about 3 months ago she wrote her name on big brothers white door, surrounded it by hearts.....in permanent marker...
Really enjoying the blog. Secily and Micah are enjoying the pictures. We wanted to know what your new Hawaii address is the kinds made something they wanted to send.
Thanks
Sonya@cros.net
Post a Comment