Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 31: We're Off to See the Wizard

Posted by: Cris

After the mistake of going to the NEX last night and realizing that the craziness of Black Friday now spills over into Saturday evening as well (at least in Hawaii), we decided to head out into the possible madness tonight once again. i figured it still wasn't safe to go to Costco but figured Wal-mart and Home Depot might be okay. I had discovered about 5 random bulbs were out on my car last night (one of which apparently had just blown within minutes of me removing it - leading to the awesome burn blister on my left thumb) so I figured I had to at least remedy that before I ended up getting pulled over.

The girls had somehow figured it was Sunday evening and kept asking to "go get snacks at Costco" at which point I figured the only way to distract them was to tell them we could get dinner at Juneau's newest favoritest place: "Moe's".

Juneau ate half of the kid's quesadilla then literally almost 1/3 of mine. Nova was obviously totally into her black beans as always.

And the payoff...the cookie (don't tell mommy but daddy got an extra cookie so we each got a whole cookie to ourself)

When we got home, the DVR was recording but I wasn't sure why. I had forgotten that I'd set it to record one of TBS' nightly showings of the Wizard of Oz. So, I offered the girls to stay up and watch a special new show. They weren't too into the black at white at the beginning, but once Dorothy got to Oz, Nova especially was totally into it. The best part was near the end when they were all running around the castle to get away from the witch, Nova got up and started running around the couch ("I have to run like them to get away from the witch")




No comments: