Today was pretty smooth. Katy and Nelson took the girls to story time at the library and they had a blast. I got home again from work while the girls were napping and we had a fun time getting out a new toy from their shipment...this time, the wood train set cousin Brent had sent. Juneau especially had so much fun with it and was occupied for the longest time.
It was nice because it gave me a chance to tackle a project, in this case, setting to the monstrous task of getting this house cleaned. Though I love our new house, it wasn't left in the cleanest state and lots of stuff like window cleaning is well overdue. The fact that we live in a bit of a tropical rainforest doesn't help matters. So, I spent an hour and a half taking the sliding doors off, cleaning doors, frames, screens and fixing the rollers on the bottom of the doors so they actually slide on the track...it was a bit of a task with the girls needing constant attention but it got done...can't you tell how much cleaner they are em?
Unfortunately, getting any of the 1 million tasks that need done around here is difficult while trying to interact and supervise the girls. It makes the thought of getting the yard in shape and the fence put up to get ready for the dogs seem extremely overwhelming at the moment.
The real end of the smoothness to the day came tonight at bedtime. The girls are REALLY good at going to bed generally...we put them in bed, spend a few minutes talking and saying prayers and then leave them to fall asleep. Tonight is started with Juneau acting all upset so I asked her what's wrong and she said "I'm sad because I miss my mommy." Based on the expected guilt this elicited, I spent some time talking and playing with them in bed. When it was time to finally go to bed, Nova had an almost complete meltdown and wrapped her arms around my neck and just clung. Unfortunately this went on for quite awhile. So, not the smoothest end to the day. Hopefully these don't become the norm or it will be a long 6 months.
But overall, we're doing well. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll be able to start making some progress on the yard and eventually the fence so that I can get my dogs here in January - I miss them. On the bright side, they all 3 have now officially passed their rabies blood tests and are eligible to enter Hawaii toward the end of January.
I'll leave you with this pathetic picture of what has to pass as the girls dinner table for the time being. This giant rubbermaid tub also doubles as one of their toyboxes currently. They don't seem to mind though.


No comments:
Post a Comment