So apparently (as you can see from the title of this post), I'm on a theme of quoting famous lines from movies with cult followings the last couple days.
I have really hated Monday's this semester. I've been teaching Research Methods this semester for the graduate students and it is on Monday nights from 7:00-9:45. In the middle weeks of the semester, I taught the course via the internet a couple of times from Colorado (local time: 11:00 p.m.-1:45 a.m.) and a couple of times from Ohio (local time: 1:00-3:45 a.m.) Although the time of day the class started has been a little better since being back in Hawaii, the down side is that I get home between 10 and 11 and the girls are fast asleep and I'm bummed because I don't get to see them and tuck them in bed. Tonight, I was even more bummed when I got home and Katy told me Nova had pooped on the potty - and I missed it! (yes, the things you get excited about change when parenthood arrives).
But, tonight was the last week of the semester so no more teaching night class for 2 years.
Mondays are also tough because not much happens that is blogworthy. If I was a sitcom or variety show that couldn't come up with any good new material, I'd run a "clips show" or answer viewer mail...but that would be totally lame.
And now, some random thoughts from the day which include responding to comments left on previous blog posts and reposting pictures that have already appeared previously on this blog:
1. Where does the ladder lead to that appears in the background of many pictures of the living room?
If you haven't been in our house, then this is a legitimate question as I've also never really been in a house before this one that had a ladder in the living room.
As you can see though, the ladder leads up to a loft overlooking the kitchen that is the coolest little play area for the girls. (You can just ignore my friends in this picture). Juneau and Nova call it their "castle" and they love to do stuff like pretend they are fishing over the edge as seen in this picture with cousin Melody.
2. Just as the weekend Christmas shopping crowd is more painful in Hawaii than elsewhere, so too is the Christmas season visit to the post office. I waded into that nightmare today but it was worth it as there is now a big Christmas care package headed toward Afghanistan.
3. Today the Broncos finally fired Josh McDaniels - now maybe there is a chance they won't suck sometime in the next couple of years. Maybe they can rehire Mike Shanahan since firing him in the first place was the dumbest move ever.
4. "You didn't give your thoughts on the outcome of the upcoming Ohio State - Arkansas match-up."
As if anyone couldn't guess my prediction...how about I just point out that Arkansas' quarterback used to play for University of Michigan...enough said. Buckeyes win!
5. Remember that time we got pictures taken just before Emilie deployed and posted them on the blog, including this picture:
Well, I guess that even a clips show could be entertaining if it ended with a picture as cute as this one.Stay tuned tomorrow to see if I can manage to keep the cult movie quotes theme going by working the phrase "get busy living, or get busy dying" (from the Shawshank Redemption) into my post.


1 comment:
cute post :) i love that you post everyday, even if you don't think you have much to say!!! and so funny that you posted that last picture! although i always liked that picture, it didn't really stand out until a couple of weeks ago when i was looking at it again and fell in love with it! it is now my desktop background on my computer!!
love you guys sooooo much!!!! can't wait to see what you put in my christmas package :)
love,
mommy
Post a Comment