Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 42: Christmas Comes Early

Posted by: Cris

The girls are in heaven with Aunt Coral here to spoil them all day. They still had a couple presents left from Grandpa and Grandma Stickley's care package so they got to start the day with a present.

The package contained chalk which ended up outside on the back porch for some fun practice drawing crime scene body outlines:
After I got home from work, while the girls were napping, Coral got to participate in some fence construction and experience firsthand the little things that come up along the way to slow the project to a crawl.
Tonight, we headed out to meet Tim & Beth and gang at Big City Diner.
Reading my blog post a couple nights had planted the seed in Tim's mind so as soon as we sat down, he said "I don't need a menu, I know what I'm getting...Loco Moco". I had decided the same. Apparently my blog suggestion spread like a virus because among 6 adults at the table, 5 Loco Mocos were consumed tonight (one of which was Coral's first ever experience with the Moco)
Even Oma had to order one!!
As always, the girls were all having a great time
They had a blast playing with this "Hot Potato Rudolph". I don't think they quite caught onto the point of the game because they all wanted to lose because that meant you got to be the one holding Rudolph when the game was over/when the music stopped.
Then, since we are going to be gone for Christmas, Melody and Aunt Wally had already done their Christmas shopping for the girls so there were presents in abundance
Their haul for the night include some awesome books and a couple awesome activity toys for the airplane this weekend.

Thanks to Melody (Aunt Beth), Aunt Wally and Oma for the awesome presents to get the Christmas season off to a fun start.
They suckered Aunt Coral into getting started reading on the new books right away.
After dinner, we felt obligated to go to Coldstone, you know, since it was right around the corner. Tim said he would come along, "just to be polite."
"I want pink! I want pink!" - the worker girls at Coldstone were blown away by the cuteness of all three of them standing at the case making their choices.


"Check out this cool game my dad has on his phone, Nova!"


Fresh off of annihilating their bowls of ice cream and all hopped up on sugar, the girls headed out to the sidewalk for multiple rounds of a hybrid chase/ring-around-the-rosie game. "Gotta do 1 more ring around the rosie dad"






We finally had to peel the girls away from each other and head home. Juneau and Nova both insisted they weren't tired but by the time we got home, they were both fading fast. They tucked into bed very excited about tomorrow's plan to go to the beach with Aunt Coral. Hopefully the weather cooperates.


No comments: