The girls and grandma finally made it home last night about 11:30. The girls were out cold and I just tucked them in on the couch and we had an impromptu version of our weekly slumber party.
So, today I finally have the pictures grandma took yesterday:
There were plenty of pictures from their morning playtime in the pool out in the yard but since they just ended up playing in the pool in their undies, I've removed all but the least embarrassing pictures:
Because it was only 5:00 p.m. here in Hawaii when the news came down, I sat and watched the coverage for quite awhile of our nation's best having tracked down and killed one of the worst people on the planet. Unfortunately, I would have been happier if this had happened about 3 days from now so that Emilie was safely out of Afghanistan before some of the world's stupidest people decide to retaliate by strapping bombs to themselves and trying to kill more Americans. Please continue to pray for her safe travels out of Bagram (hopefully in the next day or so) and on to Manas Air Base in Kyrgyzstan and pray for the continued safety of our soldiers as there will likely be an uptick in violence this coming week.


No comments:
Post a Comment