Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 193 / 4 To Go: Aunt Coral wears them out...

Posted by: Cris

As you can see, Aunt Coral's suitcase included a face paint set and the girls wasted no time in putting it to use:







They also had plans to play this new matching game as soon as Aunt Coral got here (with faces painted of course)


They got these coloring books last week from our visit to HIC and as luck would have it, the packet also included water paints...and of course, the girls tore straight into them.


Much to Juneau's delight, the eggs opened today revealing a chick and a turtle...though it looks like the eggs may have had some help in coming open.


Aunt Coral found the beach and park where the girls spent so much time with Grandma last week. She wasn't there very long when a local woman recognized Juneau and Nova and said to Coral, "I think I met you mother last week...from Ohio?" Well, close but obviously Grandma Saccenti made quite an impression on the island of Oahu.




















Based on Aunt Coral's description, I think these were Kukui nuts still in the hull...and they served quite well to recreate an Easter Egg hunt.

















As usual, Juneau made friends...






Face paint version #2:








Tonight we took Aunt Coral the famous "Moe's" just so she see where we go to get a good cookie. On the way back we stopped to get Aunt Coral a malasada and the girls were so wiped out that Juneau, as she started to fall asleep in her car seat said: "I don't want a malasada when we get home, I just want you to carry me down to bed". By the time we got home, they were both out cold...I guess it's malasadas for breakfast.




Another day, another state for mommy. She was able to get through "check-in" in Georgia very quickly and by this evening was on a plane back to Colorado and tonight she is back in Colorado Springs. With an early start tomorrow, hopefully she will be able to get processed back into her unit quickly and be on an airplane again bound for Ohio on Friday morning...we truly can't wait.

No comments: