I haven't posted in a while because i was waiting until after our meeting today in case there was exciting news. Unfortunately nothing too exciting. We turned in our dossier, except for the I-171H, which is supposed to come next week. I was hoping we would get more info on our possible referral. This is what we found out:
Our agency basically sponsers 1 orphanage in the Quang Nam provence. The referrals come from this orphange. There are 3 new infants, 2 boys and 1 girl. They anticipate the little girl will be our baby, but they aren't 100% sure, so they don't want to give us her info yet. I really really want to see her, but i know they are doing the right thing to wait until it is more final to give us her info.
So, next steps:
Next week our dossier will be complete and will be taken for certification (takes 1 week)
Then it goes to the Lt Governer in Hawaii (1-2 weeks)
Then it goes to D.C. (2 weeks) AFTER THIS STEP WE ARE DTV. Our coordinator said this will be no later than March 1.
Then to Lilian (our in country facilitor) for translation
Then to the Vietnamese govt and then round and round through many steps leading us to our Juneau.
It seems so long, but I am still trying o be optimistic. Our coordinator said the 1st family from our agency to apply to Vietnam was DTV in January, and they will be traveling in 1 to 1 1/2 months. So if we are DTV in March we should be travelling sometime in May??!! I don't really know. I know it is all just speculation, adn I am driving Cris crazy with my insane speculations. He gave me a little pep talk today about just focusing on the good things, and not worrying about the things out of our control.
I don't understand the difference in timelines for different agencies. Seems like some agencies have families through so fast, and some take months from the time of referral to travel (i read one blog that has been like 7 months!) I don't know why this is. I thought it should all take about the same time b/c everyone goes through the same steps.
Wish there was more exciting news here. Everything else is pretty good. I'm looking forward to a weekend completely off work! I will work on some of our different projects. Maybe some new dresses. I got the little crochet hat in the mail and it i soooooo cute!
Friday, January 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
The difference you see in travel times is because each province is different. In many countries there is a centeral authority or set amount of time in between of things. In Vietnam all the provinces a a fair amount of control over adoptions in their orphanages. Some move much quicker than others.
Post a Comment