Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year, New Blog

We are in the process of finishing our paperwork for our Vietnam adoption. I haven't even started the official "waiting process", and I am already tired of waiting! We have our final homestudy meeting Jan 10th. I have already filed the I-600A, and already been fingerprinted, so all we need to do to get it processed is send in the homestudy. I am working on our dossier documents. Seems like there is always some document to request, or form to get notarized.

while I am waiting I have been enjoying reading everyone's adoption blogs. I have LOVED following your journey's to your little ones, and I am so excited to be in that stage. I am hoping that this blog will occupy some of my energy until Juneau finally gets here.

I guess some basic info to get the blog started might be good.


Cris and I got married in 2005. We have both been excited to start a family since we got married, but also wanted to be able to enjoy some time for just the 2 of us. We were going to wait even longer to start having kids...waiting for a good time, but it just seemed like the perfect time would never come. There was always something we were waiting for. Finally we decided we would just go for it, and deal with circumstances as they came up. We started talking about adoption a couple of years ago. I have always wanted to build a family through adoption, and hopefully biological children also one day. Cris had not really considered adoption, but it didn't take much convincing for him to be on board. So here we are.


We didn't really have a preference for where to adopt from. The agency we are working with here in Hawaii adopts from China, Kazakhstan, and now Vietnam since Sept 2006. Since I am not yet 30 we did not qualify for China, and the long stay in Kazakhstan made us hesitant apply to that program. Vietnam seemed like a perfect fit, and now that I have done more research into the country and the people and children I am so excited that this will be our Country! Since the program just recently re-opened I am sure there will be a few obstacles and a few wrinkles in the way it goes, but I am prepared (I think) for the unknown


Other things about us....we are both originally from Ohio. We moved to Hawaii in 2005 for my job, and we love it here. Thank goodness Cris loved me enough to leave his job and everything he had in Ohio to follow me to the middle of the Pacific Ocean! We have 2 spoiled dogs, our Siberian Husky, Sherpa, and our little poodle/chihuahua mix, Summit.


This is Summit with her new haircut. She got a red mohawk in prepratino for the Ohio State Championship bowl game next week


This picture is when summit was just a baby and she was meeting Sherpa for the first time. Now they are the best of friends!

So, I hope I will find some good friends to travel along this scary but exciting Journey with. I have already read about some wonderful families, and I am excited to get to know some of you.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Welcome to the exciting world of adoption, and congratulations on making the decision to build your family in this marvelous way. I've met so many great people on this amazing journey and I know you will, too.

I'm glad I found your blog and look forward to keeping up with your story. By the way, your fur babies are adorable!