Monday, January 15, 2007
My eyes
Nothing new on the adoption front. Thought I would post about something else exciting. Last month I had Lasik on my eyes. This is the absolute most amazing thing ever. The procedure itself was really fast (less than 5 minutes per eye), although it was really weird and freaky to have my eyeballs held open wih a metal speculum and watch them coming at me with weird instruments. Anyway, I made it through the surgery (with just a little bit of whimpering), and now I am the happiest person ever. I was really really blind. in fact one time i washed my hair with gel instead of shampoo for an entire week because I couldn't see the bottle. Pretty gross, huh? Now I am contact and glasses free! If anyone is considering havig this done I HIGHLY recommend it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Good for you! Isn't it the best? I had it done a little over 3 years ago and the only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner. Unfortunately, my forties have kicked in and I can no longer see as well when I read. But, hey, I can still see great at a distance. Enjoy your new eyes!
Oh, and yeah, the experience WAS a little weird, but over in a flash and without discomfort of any kind.
I don't think I'd make it through. My eyelids flicker when someone (besides myself) applies even eyeshadow to my eyes! Just found your blog and thought I'd say hi!
Yikes! Didn't expect to see that on this blog, LOL! Glad the surgery worked for you.
Post a Comment