Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sewing Fun

I tend to be a litle bit obsessive about things. For instance, when we decided to get a dog I spent hours and hours on the internet researching breeds and looking at pictures. I thought about it all the time. Same thing with buying our house. I obsessed over looking at real estate sites. When we got married I spent hours on the internet, looking at decorations and flowers. It gets a little crazy. Now that we are pretty much paperwork ready, I can't think of anything but Juneau. I think about what she will look like, what her pesonality will be. I think about how fun it will be to discover what she loves in life, and what she is good at. I think about our trip, and visiting the orphanage, and the first time we see her. I decided I better use some of this obsessive energy to do something productive, so I'm starting some little projects.

I got a sewing machine for Christmas, and so I started some sewing projects. I made 2 cute little dresses. Cris picked out the surboard fabric, and I made that one first. Then I made the other one. I added the little embellishment on the front, but then after I was done I saw it was totally crooked! Well, maybe people will think it's supposed to look that way, cuz I'm not about to redo it!

Hopefully one day these dresses will fit her. I just don't know how big she is so I made them a little big so she could grow into them. I have a bunch more fabric that I can't wait to make some stuff out of!

We decided on a dragonfly nursery. I wanted to have some bright colors with lots of contrast, but i found this adorable crib set for a great deal, so light green it is! I can't wait to get it in the mail!



I also bought this cute little crochet hat (inspired by lucy www.vietnamlucy.blogspot.com)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, you sound just like me! I love the dress, it looks great. I would have never noticed had you not mentioned it was crooked! Did you use a pattern?

Cara said...

Great job on the dresses! I thought it was supposed to be crooked. Ditto on the hat. It's on my list to get too!

S. said...

the dresses are so cute! and the nursery bedding is too, it will look adorable!

R&H said...

Adorable! I wish I could sew!