...just welcomed it's two newest members, Cris and Emilie. We got an email from the Vietnam coordinator basically saying as much. I am surprisingly ok with this. Probably because I know that the next 2 weeks will hold no new adoption news for us, so i don't have to sit on the edge of my seat waiting for news until March. I can actually kinda relax. BUT i would like to say congratulations to lots of other families who did get news before tet. There have been some referrals, many travel dates given, and lots of happy families out there. It is encouraging to see the Vietnam adoption wheels have been turning.
Our nursery is painted, and almost done. Just waiting for Cris to get the window dressing hardware stuff screwed into the wall. I have no idea how to use the drill. Should be done in the next couple of days. I'll post pics when it's finished.
Today I got my haircut at a new fancy salon. Let's just say there is a first and last time for everything. When I got the bill I almost choked. I guess I have just never really been one for going to the salon. My mom (who is a nurse, not a hairdresser!) cut my hair until I moved to Hawaii, so I've never really paid for this to happen. I also color my own hair, which believe me has led to many scary hair issues (hence the nickname i earned "bleach cat" - named after our calico cat- which lasted for several months until i got the color evened out). In fact just a couple of months ago I accidently turned it that old-lady purple color. Anyway, long story short I never have spent money on hair. So today I almost died. And I also decided Famous Hair from here on out is the way to go. I could get like 10 Famous Hair hair cuts for the price of todays. And i don't know if the result would be much different. But I probably wouldn't get the scalp massage and hot tea. I think I can live without the frills.
so I am on vacation this week, which is awesome. I don't really have any big plans, just cleaning the house and getting things ready for our baby girl.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I hope you get news very soon on your little one.
We finally got travel approval on the 12 of this week.
The waiting game is not very fun.
Hey Emilie!
Sorry to hear no news, but hopefully you'll be able to kick back and relax while you're on vacation, and something exciting will happen in March! Can't remember the last hair cut I got that I was happy with either...but hey, maybe that's what happens when I only spend $10 on a haircut!
PS: you should TOTALLY get some Heelys this week!! Treat yourself:)
Hi there! I only recently came across your blog and wanted to say congrats on your journey! I'm sorry you won't be hearing anything until after Tet, but hopefully these couple of weeks will go by quickly.
Oh and the hair style thing? I've spent triple digits on a hair cut/color ONCE. ouch. That bill hurt! I'm a simple girl...I like the cheap hair cuts. If it doesn't look good then I'll wear a ponytail for a while, but at least I'll have money left over for nice ponytail holders! ;)
Hey..just ran across your blog and btw..I love the nursery bedding. Our daughter will be getting what her sister is currently using (once she moves to her "big girl" bed) but I did love shopping for baby stuff..still do LOL I hope you hear news soon!
Post a Comment