Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

a glimmer of hope???

maybe? could it be?

I was at work today and got this email from our case worker

"Emilie,
We are currently working to get the medical and photos for your daughter from the new province. We are working on the licensing process, but am asking the for the medical to be realeased now. I hope to have the information soon. I will contact you with another update shortly."

so of course i immediately dissected every single word. "your daughter" it sounds like they have our baby! and the "contact you with another update shortly" part. what exactly does "shortly" mean. Like this afternoon, or like in 2 weeks? Cris is thinking at least 2 weeks. I think so probably too. I am now hoping for a mother's day referral. i think that is reasonable. that way i don't think every single day is "the day".

the adoption world wheels seem to be moving a little bit faster. There are several families in vietnam now, (I was soooo happy to finally hear from Susan) and lots of people are getting closer to their travel approval.

8 comments:

LaLa said...

Oh I really hope things are moving for you. It seems there has been a serious lull in the action lately.

Solbergs said...

I think it might be soon for you guys!! That is so great, here's hoping for a May referral (or April would work too!).

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations on the glimmer of hope! That's great!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like good news.

Mrs.B said...

I think this is it! great news..I am hoping you hear somthing very soon.
Best wishes,
Tamara

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like much more than just a "glimmer of hope"! I hope you hear more soon.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! It sounds like you're on the verge of getting BIG news!! Wild to think your little girl has already been identified and you'll be seeing her little face any day now:) I can't wait to hear more!

S. said...

How exciting. I hope the time passes quickly for you until you hear!