Adoption Update:
Email from my agency on Wednesday said basically they should be licensed in the new province (Thanh Hoa) by the end of the week, and have a referral a few days after. Now the question is do I believe it, or not. I don't think they mislead me on purpose, but it seems like a lot of the promises they've made so far haven't really come true. I know they are just trying to give us some hope that a referral is near, but we have been #1 on the girl list since January (yes, we are in our 4th month as #1).
Army Update:
I had my PT test last week, and luckily squeaked on by. I almost didn't pass my push ups, as I believe the SGT who was grading me was out to get me, but I finished my run in good time, and made it through the sit-ups, although I had to do that little roll to the side thing before sitting up in order to get out of bed for the next 3 days. So I swore to be in better shape before my next PT test, but check back in in 6 months and see if I'm complaining that I swear I have a hematoma in my abdominal muscles from too many sit-ups, and i can't lift my purse from the push-ups
Vacation update:
2 weeks until I get to go home and pinch the cheeks of 2 nieces and a nephew (and no, cecily, being a newborn doesn't exempt you from cheek pinching), and hang out with the rest of my awesome fam.
Blog update:
I've decided i'm going to cross the barrier of blogging only about adoption updates and how much i can't wait to get the little june-bug, and try blogging about something else intermittently. I think my next post is going to be about homeschooling. I know a lot of my blogger buddies are either currently homeschooling, or are considering homeschooling, and as an adult who was homeschooled i thought i could toss in a little perspective.
Friday, May 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I am sorry this wait for you is stretching on and on like this. Blog about the weather. If it is good weather.
yes please do talk about homeschooling. i'm thinking about it. thanks
I would love to hear a homeschoolers perspective! Hoping you hear this week on your little one.
BTW, I am thinking I read you are flying into Ohio? Just wondering if you'll be in the Columbus area for the Asian Festival?
Can't wait to hear your perspective on homeschooling. Totally sympathetic about being #1 since January. Not. Fun.
That really stinks Emilie. Sorry to hear that. I have pretty strong feelings about sending my kids to public school, but would still love to hear your perspective as a former homeschooled student. I don't think I've ever actually known anyone who was homeschooled, in real life that is:)
It must be so frustrating to know you are first on the list but still have to wait so long. I think there are some people who are great at homeschooling their kids, sadly I wouldn't be one of them! Interested to hear your thoughts!
Post a Comment