Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 38: To Infinity & Beyond

Posted by: Cris

"Give Me Some Sugar Baby!!"
Okay, so I may be reaching by expecting anyone to recognize the classic Army of Darkness quote but it is appropriate today as the Buckeyes are on their way to the Sugar Bowl on January 4th against Arkansas.
I'm sure this announcement is making Emilie realize that there is, if nothing else, one worthwhile trade-off for having to spend six months away from family, friends, and normal life...not being here for Bowl Week (which Emilie vehemently contends is a misnomer since it is actually 3 weeks long). My darling wife knows there is nothing I love to watch more on TV than college football so every year at this time, she resigns herself to watching endless hours of bowl games knowing that the end of the college football season is in sight. I can see the smile on her face as she realizes she doesn't have to watch a single down of a bowl game unless she chooses this year.

And I hate to say it but Michigan State and Penn State are going to be annihilated (by Alabama and Florida, respectively).

Today the girls were super excited when I told them we were shopping for mommy's Christmas present. They were both going on and on about all the stuff they wanted to buy for mommy. But, in the end, my already planned choice won out and will be in the mail tomorrow morning - hopefully arriving in time for Christmas.

After Christmas shopping, we headed to the NEX for groceries. As bad as the weekend Christmas shopping crowd gets for everyone else in the world, Hawaii has got to be 10x worse. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot, I said to the girls "Okay, we're not going in today, we'll get groceries later" so we headed to Taco Bell down the street.

As we were finishing lunch, Nova begged for a drink of my soda - at times we get something caffeine free like Sierra Mist and let them partake - but today, my general state of fatigue had prompted me toward the extra large caffeinated drink so I told her this wasn't the kind she could have. Of course, the "please daddy, just a little drink" won me over and I gave in for a single little drink. Let's just say that apparently 5 cc's of caffeinated Soda is enough to make Juneau and Nova not need a nap, because they were wired for the rest of the afternoon. I eventually got them to lay down for a very short period but I'm not sure they actually slept.

In fact, that little recovery period only revived them and this evening they were literally bouncing around the room playing Buzz Lightyear.
Video and Photo proof of the craziness:





"To Infinity & Beyond"


After this craziness, they settled down and reminded me I had told them all weekend they could watch the Wizard of Oz. They have talked about it pretty much every day since we watched it for the first time last week. They LOVE it!
A special treat: sitting on the couch eating dinner and watching Wizard of Oz

By the time the show was over, they were both wiped out. When I put them in bed, they didn't even request the normal routine that we do every night ("sing 'you are my sunshine'", "give me super, super, super, super, super squeeze hug", "eskimo kiss", etc.). They both cuddled up in their blankets, rolled over and I honestly think they might have been asleep before I got to the top of the stairs.

2 comments:

mary said...

Totally irrelevant, but where does that ladder go? Your new house looks very cool!

The Efirds said...

You didn't mention anything about a prediction of the Hogs vs. Buckeyes! Since I'm not totally up to par on my football stats, I had to ask my husband who would win....His only comment was it should be a good game!