Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, February 17, 2007

things i will miss about hawaii when we're gone...

I love having the opportunity to live in hawaii. Yes, there are certainly some not so great things about living here...I hate that if i want to go visit my family (who i miss very very much) it costs cris and i a thousand dollars and 2 full days in travel. There is no olive garden here. No bargain shopping (and i am a master bargain shopper...thanks, mom!). There is no chipotle. HOWEVER, there are things i love about this place. Cris and I are constantly coming up with things we will miss when we leave (thanks to the army this will be mid 2009)
-the special music at church is often a Hula. Yup, for christmas we had a beautiful hula to Oh Holy Night. It is such a beautiful dance, that i know won't be in other places
-Tropical fruit year-round. We eat a pineapple every week. a fresh, delicious, juicy pineapple in january. i just ate a perfectly ripe mango. We have an avacado tree, and we swap with our neighbor who has a papaya tree.
-The 2:00 p.m. rainbow. Pretty much every afternoon we get a gorgeous, vibrant rainbow.
-Football in the morning. This one indirectly affects me. I don't really like sports. My husband is an athletic trainer and sports enthusiast. Due to the time change football comes on early in the morning, which means i can sleep in while cris watches football, then we have the afternoon free!

Who knows where we will end up next. Hopefully wherever it is i will have a big list of things i love about that place too.

monday is my last day of vacation. monday is also the day i torture myself with the crazy 8 mile run. I think i will die on monday.

Oh, also i found out (which makes sense) that the Vietnam Embassy in D.C. is closed for Tet Until Feb 20 or 21. Unfortunately, or Dossier arrived at the Vietnam Embassy in D.C. the same day it closed. Ohhh, Tet. It will be fun to celebrate when we have our baby girl here, but for now I am not enjoying tet much. selfish i know, but i am Impatient!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what I would do for a fresh mango right off a tree, or an avacado for that matter! Any idea where you will be stationed after you finish residency in Hawaii??

S. said...

That's it, football in the morning? I am moving to Hawaii! I might actually get to see my husband in the fall!

I am jealous of the avocado tree, yum yum!