Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, June 16, 2008

Finally the details

So, We have official travel dates. We are just working on the plane tickets now. Cris leaves on July 11 (fri) with G&R on Monday, and he will return Jul 24. I am beyond excited, and I CANNOT WAIT for July 11th to roll around. It looks like his parents will be traveling with him. I'm still so stressed about the whole July/August time period. Cris will be separated from Nova for 6 weeks (which nearly brings him to tears), and Nova and I will not be united with June-bug for almost a month after she comes home. But if we can just make it through the summer we have a whole lifetime together.

Nova has been a little angel this week. We left her with a babysitter (her Aunt Betsy!) for the first time on Saturday for a few hours, and apparently she screamed her little head off pretty much the whole night. She then slept for about 24 hours straight, so i guess she kind of wore herself out. It was a pretty painful experience for everyone, but i guess we will have to get used to being separated from eachother, since i am returning to work. I thought I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow, but it turned out my leave form actually says Jul 18, not 17, so i get a whole extra day i wasn't planning on. Whoo-hooo!!!

Yesterday Nova and I helped Cris celebrate his first official father's day! We all had a really great day.
Here is a pic of Cris and Nova enjoying her Jungle playmat, and then of Nova in her Buckeye jersey with her Brutus mobile (which she LOOOOVES)




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you that you finally, FINALLY are getting your little Juneau!

Sarah said...

I am so excited for you but have no idea how you are going to be able to stand keeping your hands off your sweet Juneau that month! LOL! I know your hubby will be wonderful with her! Yes, you are right... you have a lifetime with your little Juneau! Congratulations!!

Cheryl F. said...

I am so happy to hear good news for you and your family. You have been waiting for so long. We also received good news today. We got our referral we can celebrate together. Can't wait to continue to follow your journey. What an amazing husband to go to pick her up and be willing to be separated for so long. Congratulations.
Cheryl F
www.whattonameher.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Whooo-hooo, travel dates!!! Sounds like the summer will be hectic, but you're right...you've got your whole lifetime!!!

Happy Father's Day, Cris!

Anonymous said...

Whooo-hooo, travel dates!!! Sounds like the summer will be hectic, but you're right...you've got your whole lifetime!!!

Happy Father's Day, Cris!

K said...

Whoa, I have had my head up my you know what with Tori's surgery so I didn't see this til now! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really happy for you and your WHOLE family!

jenn said...

Very exciting to have dates and I am sure it is nice to be able to get a timeline to things. Nova is a doll, btw, absolutely adorable.

How on earth are you going to survive knowing your husband has sweet Juneau at home? You gonna need to keep yourself busy by then...I'm sure Nova will be happy to help out :)

I really look forward to reading along through it all. Wow, do you have a great perspecitve on it all. A lifetime together, finally!

Jen said...

This is so fantastic!! You are going to have both of your girls :) Cannot wait to see little Miss Junebug.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it is all planned out! I am sure it will all work out and when it is all done you will be a family of four!

Jo said...

Such wonderful news!!!!! Can't wait to see your family all together.