Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy First Father's Day!

Yesterday Nova and I helped Cris celebrate his very first official father's day. I think he had a great day, which started out with a major Daddy-Nova cuddle session. She was so snuggly when she woke up and was so happy nestled in bed with her dad.

also, i had a great day when i looked at my leave paperwork and discovered i don't actually have to return to work until wed, so i get a whole unexpected extra day at home with Nova! I think i will work on re-organizing her closet, and making room for June-bugs clothes. I also need to work on packing for me and Nova to head to michigan for six weeks, as well as packing for Cris and Juneau for Vietnam!
July and August are going to be tough months for us! It nearly brings Cris to tears to think of being separated from Nova for 6 weeks, and I am so sad that Nova and I will not be united with Juneau until almost a month after she is home. But getting her home fast is the most important thing, and I think the bonding time with her dad during that month will be priceless for both of them. When I get home from Michigan i will have 3 weeks of adoption leave to spend at home with the girls, so that is pretty awesome.
I'm including some pics from Father's day, first Nova in her Buckeye jersey enjoying her Brutus mobile, then Nova and her daddy playing on the jungle mat.

No comments: