Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grand Rapids here we come

So, i leave today for Michigan. It's a sad, sad day in our house. I am beyond sad about missing Juneau's homecoming, Cris can't even think about being away from Nova for 6 1/2 weeks, and we both are terribly sad to be separated from each other for so long. BUT on the bright side, I couldn't be happier that our little family will finally ALL BE TOGETHER! It's absolutely unbelievable. Over the last 9 months i've ranged from 35-90% in my certainty that Juneau would come home. And now it is finally becoming a reality. so, in the face of all the sadness about the short term separation i am ecstatic about what our future holds!

And, as a bit of comic relief i HAD to post this picture. It's probably against like a million laws to post a photo of a passport, but i don't really care because it is so incredibly hilarious.

Story behind it:

there was actually like a 6 hour period when we first got I600 approval where we thought - crazy as it sounds - that I would travel to Vietnam with Nova to get Juneau. This is when we thought we may be able to tag onto the June 11 travel group. Anyway, during this 6 hour period we were running around Honolulu like crazy people trying to get everything ready just in case. About 3 hours into our running around we realized Nova didn't have a passport. Or even a birth certificate yet for that matter. So off to the birht certificate office and passport office we went. Well, did you know that a baby has to not only be awake, but also not be crying, and also have her eyes open in order to have a passport photo? Well, our baby was dead asleep when we ran into Sam's club. So then we had to wake her up, which made her beyond angry, and lay her on the counter on a white towel while the Sam's club passport guy (i'm sure he LOVED us) had to take her picture. It didn't go over well. And even though i think my daughter is the most lovliest of all daughter's in the world, her photo has to be one of the goofiest looking passport photos i've ever seen. If you could see it in real life you would also see that her face is bright Red on top of it all. I laugh every time i look at it.


6 comments:

Dania Efird said...

It's finally becoming a reality for your guys! We couldn't be happier for you! Just think that in a little over a month your entire family will be together forever! Very awesome! Prayers for all of you as you travel and get settled in!

Mrs.B said...

6 1/2 weeks then you will ALL be together forever!!! you have had quite a year! YEA!!

Anonymous said...

WOw 6.5 weeks and all together - I think that would be harder than being apart! And the passport picture is so cute, even if it is funny!!

Jen said...

:) She's still adorable.

I'm sad that you guys have to be apart for so long...but so excited that you will be together as a family of four very soon! Congrats!

Karen said...

It will be here and done before you know it. I am so happy you will get your little June bug. Take care and keep in touch. I have to send you the book and some other things for the nannies.
Karen

jenn said...

I can't imagine, wow. In 7 weeks you will be home and holding two little girls. You are going to love it!

I love your outlook on it! I know I would likely be doing the exact opposite. Oh, and I love the passport photo, too funny, adorable really, and very red!