Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

the adorable little June-bug

Updated pictures = awesome day.

Juneau is so stinkin' cute. She is now 8.5 months. I am suspicious that she is a little older based on her pictures, even the initial ones. In her 4 month pictures i thought she looked a little more like 6 months, and now she is looking more like 10 months, but who knows!

anyway, i got three pictures. One is tummy time, and she is in a total little crawler stance. The next one she is sitting up on her own, and in the third one it almost looks like she is standing in her crib and holding on to the rail with 1 hand. Unfortunately i can't really tell because they have photoshopped out the background. I think they think it looks cute, but i wish they wouldn't do that. I think it is the local Vietnamese coordinator who does the photoshopping because the backgrounds are totally weird, and have titles like "Hey Hey" and "Magic" with little weird graphics.

anyway, the little bug is 18 pounds! (49%) and 26 inches (59%) on american growth charts.

Also, great news this week. There were 2 families from our agency who submitted their I600 about a month before us. Their little boys are in the Tam Ky orphanage also, and they got their approval this week! They leave in 2 weeks to get their babies! They got their approval on Business day #63. We are on business day #45. I can't freakin' wait! come on magical travel approval. Our agency seems to think we (well, actually just Cris) will be traveling in July.

I think i've pretty much come to the conclusion that i won't be traveling. This has been an EXCRUTIATING decision. I have imagined the moment i see that little sweet girl for the last 1 1/2 years. The main thing is that i only get 3 weeks off work for the adoption. I think the most valuable use of my 3 weeks will be spent at home with her, rather than spending 10 days traveling and then only having 1 1/2 weeks at home to help her adjust. The main person to benefit from me going to Vietnam is myself, because i can't stand the idea of not being there the second she becomes our daughter, but i think as far as her best interest goes it is better for me to be able to spend as much time as possible at home with her.

anyway, here is our sweet girl.

We love you little Juneau. You have a very excited mommy and daddy, and little baby sister waiting for you in Hawaii. Hurry home to your family sweet baby.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new pictures and I hope Cris is traveling before you know it!

Kelli said...

What a sweetie! I am sure it was a hard decision to make about travel (and I wish you got more time off work) but those 3 weeks at home with Juneau will be great! Hope that approval is just around the corner!

Jo said...

Such a sweet little girl. 18 lbs.... She is as big as my almost 20 month old!!!!

I hope both your girls are together soon.

Susan said...

I'm so happy that you received new photos. From what I can see, she is just adorable. What a shame that you have to make the decision to go to Vietnam or stay home. I know you truly didn't want to have to face that one. I think you're right, though, that the 3 weeks will be better with you and the June Bug at home. Hoping TA comes really soon!

Dania Efird said...

Such sweet eyes! Prayers that you get to travel soon soon. Glad that things are going well with Nova!

Mrs.B said...

Both your girls are lovely!