Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 122 / 74 To Go: Parenting assistance...

Posted by: Cris

I wanted to post be sure to post what has probably been the single moment of Nova not being totally wiped out and grouchy this weekend:
About 5 minutes after these pictures, she was out cold. After the planetarium outing on Friday, the girls got up at 7:00 on Saturday and by 9:00 (for Nova) and 9:30 (for Juneau) were out cold on the couch and slept until 12:30. Apparently this flu thing isn't going to be so easy to kick! After getting up at 12:30 and eating lunch, they still went back to sleep from 2:30-4:30 for their normal nap. Despite all that sleep during the day, they were both still out for the night at 7:30 on the drive home from the NEX.
Today, Juneau seemed recovered but Nova has just been beyond fatigued and periodically seeming to have a little temperature. After being out to Costco and Nova not being able to walk 2 minutes without breaking down and crying from fatigue and still being too exhausted to not be miserable after a 3.5 hour nap this afternoon, I decided to get some parenting assistance from my sister since Nova had pneumonia last year at this time following a bout with the flu and was pretty much acting just like this...Long story short, in a move that would make Grandma Saccenti very proud, Nova is started on a course of Amoxicillin tonight.
I'm hopeful that by Tuesday my smiling little princess will be back...broke my heart every time that she'd be at her limit and come walking toward me crying with arms up just begging to be picked up because her little legs couldn't go anymore.
Finally, I have had on my to do list to get a picture of the dogs that really looks like Hawaii to send in a "thank you" (along with some chocolate macademia nuts) to the small town vet back in Ohio who went out of their way to help get the dogs ready for the trip here. I was envisioning loading everyone up in the truck one day and hitting the beach for a photo-op. I realized after this week that just wasn't going to happen anytime soon so I resorted for convincing the dogs to let me lift them up onto the table on the lanai to get a good background shot:
Now, all I have to do is get the picture printed and get the whole thing in the mail...add it to the "to do" list.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yes cris- i am so proud. and you know what i mean!
: ) judy