Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 160 / 37 To Go: Garage Space

Posted by: Cris

A rare treat for me as I got to stay at home this morning with Juneau and Nova. Nelson and Katy had a doctor's appt. so I cleared my schedule and laid in bed waiting for my favorite moment when one or both of my girls creeps down the hall, peeks into my room and when they see me there, get a big smile and come running and jump into bed with me. Makes my day every single time. Juneau was back to building with her tool set this morning (which unfortunately is Black and Decker - I need to keep my eyes open for a toy set of Craftsman tools). while Nova found a new coloring book and was happy as could be setting to work on it.

All 3 of us eventually ended up gathered around their tiny little table trying to color on a single page.

Even though it meant taking a bath on it, today I unloaded the piece of crap van that died on me 3 months after I bought it. A guy bought it to rebuild the transmission himself as a project car. Despite getting only a fraction back from what we paid for it, the bright side is that it is no longer a 2000 lb paperweight taking up valuable space in my garage. Almost makes it worth it.


We go through more milk in this house than you could possibly imagine. I end up making numerous trips to the grocery during the week JUST because we are out of milk...AGAIN. The addition of strawberry Quik to the mix has only made the problem worse.


So, we headed to the grocery where Juneau decided she was now capable of pushing the cart Even though we are in the soda aisle, we aren't buying any...I made a pact to not buy soda for at home while Emilie was gone and so far we have successfully avoided this aisle.


Nova completely plowed through her dinner tonight and they were having a sale on mini-blizzards at Dairy Queen at the food court so, since it had been awhile since I let the girls get ice cream, "we" decided (like the girls would have disagreed with me) that tonight was a good night for a special treat.


They are quite the pair sitting there eating their ice cream and having a conversation with each other the whole time. The little auntie's sitting next to us just sat there and watched them and smiled the whole time.

No comments: