These busy Tuesday's are making me tired...luckily only 1 more real Tuesday to go before finals week. These Tuesday's always make it tough to scrounge up pictures for the blog but luckily Grandma's phone has been clicking away and provided me with some highlights from the last couple of days.
Nova had voted to go back to the beach with "no rocks and no waves" (Ala Moana where they went yesterday) but Grandma and Juneau wanted to go someplace closer and with a little waves so Nova got her first lesson in getting out voted.
A beautiful day on Windward Oahu...
As the tide came in little by little and creeped up the beach slowly but surely, Nova was tracking the progress and seemed a little concerned about it all.
Finally, when they got into the truck to go home, Grandma figured out why she was so concerned when she asked "Do the waves ever come all the way up to the truck?" Grandma reassured her that they don't and that seemed to satisfy her.

The beach never gets old...
Nova Stickley? or Bono?


Juneau continues to burn clean through her sunscreen...I swear that putting sunscreen on that girl is like lathering her in cooking oil before hitting the beach...she just keeps getting darker and darker and darker. Don't be jealous Aunt Betsy!I'm trying to get Juneau started on becoming a little math nerd. She is still using her fingers but we've started adding numbers and I think she actually gets it. Next week I'm going to see how she does with Pi.
Both the girls are really getting a sense that mommy's return is imminent. Tonight at bedtime, one of the last things Nova said to me before I left the room was "I wish mommy would hurry up and come home." And almost every day they fill me in on..."after grandma, then aunt Coral comes and then we get on airplane to go to Ohio and see mommy!!"



No comments:
Post a Comment